Major pi**ed

goodwoodgreens3

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm after a little advice. Last wednesday my s3 was written off by a young woman driver, the ins firm have given it a cat b unroadworthy status which means i cannot buy the car back to break, During a phone call yesterday with the tecreports i was told my pride and joy s3 is worth £2095!!, now obviously i'm not too happy about this as for starters the engine was only rebuilt last year at a cost of £1600, Is there anything that can be done about the valuation that these clowns have put on my car?, obviously i can't replace my car or any s3 for that matter with £2095!

Last edited:
Go online eg auto trader pistonheads etc and find similar cars eg age mileage and show them the prices they are going for. If yours had any extras then tell them that too as they affect the price of resell etc

I'm sure you can prove your cars worth more than £2095 by showing other cars with similar specs (age, mileage etc). I've had friends do this before to get more money out of the insurance company. Just go onto auto trader and print off other cars and send them to the insurance company. I know that they hardly ever payout what you value your car as when getting your insurance quote but its gotta be worth more than that.

My bro just had his a3 written off, 98 1.9 tdi with like 160 on the clock, been given £1250 which is a lot more than what he was getting for px.

Unlucky mat that is not good at all especial the fact you can't buy it back. And after all that it's not even your fault you crashed!!!!

I would be annoyed, your goin to be out of pocket now due to somthing outside your control.

I would send then adverts of other S3's to see what they say but at the end of the day there a powerful company and you are only one man, I'm sure if they wanted they could find a technicality and get out Of paying anything at all

no way 2k for the s3 as above comments show them adverts from other s3's and prove that it is worth more than that what makes it classed as un road worthy any way. must be some serious damage

Dont accept the offer,say you will take the matter to court!

If all your mods were on the insurance, list the prices and tell them you are going to speak to the insurance ombudsman. ive been through all this.

name & shame. Which insurance company ?
Also what S3 do you have ?
Surely you have proof of work done, receipts , pictures of your car. And at the end of the day , it boils down to the year and mileage of your car. Extra's I'm led to believe do not make any significant impact on the value.
Finding other S3's some age and mileage as yours being sold by any dealer (preferably) LOCALLY will be like hitting the jackpot.

And just to add spending 1600 on the engine last year on a rebuild -sorry to say really doesn't account for much. You have either spent the money on getting your car driving again (i.e just like any car you are likely to buy next i.e a working one!) or you upgraded your engine by doing the rebuild in which case don't expect to receive compensation for it - well hardly anything.AND providing you have told your insurance company it's been rebuilt to a superior spec.

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for the help.. The people who placed the value on the car were called tecreports who have obviously instucted my insurers Adrian Flux. The engine was rebuilt after a month of ownership after one of the bores was found to be filling with water! {cracked head}... The car was pretty much standard bar ds2500s, brembo discs, remap, filter and dv, the last two i went and removed off the car yesterday.

Syvo the damage is pretty bad.. rear quart damage, wing, 2 wheels, bonnet, h.lamps, intercooler, both bumpers.....

i got hit in the rear wheel on a roundabout by a yaris, which sent me broadsideways down the road and resulted after mucho spaghetti arming, smashing up a kerb and meeting somebodys garden wall head on, the visual damage to the yaris was a broken num plate and the front corner of the bumper being bashed in!.

Thegoal007.. i had a facelift 2001 x-reg amk in goodwoodgreen

Last edited:
Think for all the **** your going through its worth a whiplash claim. Just need a trip down to the doctors for a note saying this. Plenty of no win no fee companies around. Considering you were hit from behind, it's gonna go your way. Think standard payout for whiplash is 2K, nice bit of change to put towards the new motor.

Yeah sunnyB, i did ACTUALLY have whiplash! Which i went to have diagnosed at the hossy... the day after the crash Adrian Flux instructed a solicitors on my behalf.

Defo go to docs, ive recently got £2300 for minor whiplash when i was rear ended. All my car needed was a new plastic bumper. Did give me a stiff neck like...

Syvo the damage is pretty bad.. rear quart damage, wing, 2 wheels, bonnet, h.lamps, intercooler, both bumpers.....

i got hit in the rear wheel on a roundabout by a yaris, which sent me broadsideways down the road and resulted after mucho spaghetti arming, smashing up a kerb and meeting somebodys garden wall head on, the visual damage to the yaris was a broken num plate and the front corner of the bumper being bashed in!.

Thegoal007.. i had a facelift 2001 x-reg amk in goodwoodgreen

All that from a yaris staying clear of any female yaris drivers

Haha yeah.. the worst thing was, she drove off like nothing had happened! probably for the best tbh!! Her dad pulls up in a big pimping m5 25minutes later to give me her details and basically explained she'd only been driving for a few months, she panicked and did'nt know what to do.. she returned shortly after when the police arrived

Defo go to docs, ive recently got £2300 for minor whiplash when i was rear ended. All my car needed was a new plastic bumper. Did give me a stiff neck like...

Haha i'll bet! i did report to the hospital regarding m neck injuries

Haha yeah.. the worst thing was, she drove off like nothing had happened! probably for the best tbh!! Her dad pulls up in a big pimping m5 25minutes later to give me her details and basically explained she'd only been driving for a few months, she panicked and did'nt know what to do.. she returned shortly after when the police arrived

Well, at least she came back as opposed to doing a runner and not coming back at all! Should be a straightforward claim if she's owning up.

Goodluck!

What a bummer. And I thought it was us blokes that were a higher risk? Aaarrgh! But please don't claim for whiplash if you haven't got it. It just pumps up the premiums for the rest of us. Double aaaragh!

That explains all adrian flux,what a con they are,worst insurer i have ever been with!

Had a quick look online and found this:

o Category A:

Scrap only - this vehicle should be crushed. It should never reappear on the road and there are no economically salvageable parts. It is of value only for scrap metal - e.g. a totally burnt-out vehicle.

o Category B:

The bodyshell should be crushed. The vehicle should never reappear on the road, but it can be broken for spare parts plus any residual scrap metal.

o Category C:

Vehicle extensively damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. May be repaired and put back on the road. Has to pass an inspection costing £36 (2007 price) to be re-registered as damaged repaired.

o Category D:

Vehicle damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.

I had an identical situation a year ago when my car was subsequently written off as to repair it would cost more than the pre accident value of the car. Be very wary of companies who supply you a replacement courtesy car while your's is being assessed or offer to act on your behalf in settling your Insurance claim, they will try and take you to the cleaners! If your car is written off they often suggest a pre accident value to your insurance company (which you can dispute if you can find similar vehicles for sale at a higher price) and offer to pay you this amount minus the salvage price. This is wrong and is a scam. You own the vehicle period, accident damaged or not. If the car is written off then you should liaise with your insurers (Adrian Flux) and agree (eventually) a fair pre accident value. The Insurance company will then issue you a cheque for this amount and you are then free to do with your car as you see fit (noting the information above). If the salvage company want your car for scrap then they must pay you for it, you own it remember, not the insurance company or any such company acting on your behalf!
Sorry for the rant but these scumbags really p*ss me off when they pretend to act in your best interests!

True,i just hate adrian flux,myself and freinds have had so much **** with them!,the third party will all take the **** with offers,id just refuse untill happy or take to court to get the amount he should!

Id appeal against their verdict.

When i had a crash 2 years ago, the TP insurance sent out a assessor that was shocking, i appealed and got another verdict in my favour.

But that is only half the point.
People may have had a bad experience with a particular insurance broker but the point here is that the agent acting on his behalf is suggesting that he is not allowed to buy his car back??? They don't own it!! It belongs to the person on the V5. If it is only fit for scrap it will still have a value, metal isn't cheap these days, so the salvage company I'm sure will be offering a price for the car to this third party agent. They have nothing to do with it, if the salvage company want it then they should be dealing with goodwoodgreen and not the third agent. Whether or not you can justify a higher pre accident value for your car is between you and Adrian Flux and I don't know of any insurance underwriter in the current climate who would pay anything other than market value unless a pre arranged value had been agreed beforehand. That said if you submit copies of adverts (especially from traders) of similar cars at higher prices they may reconsider.
In my case I was offered £20,000 as a pre accident value but the third party agent said they would pay me this amount minus a salvage value of £5000???!!! Having seen through their scam I received £20,000 from the insurance company (a fair price) and a further £5000 from the salvage company who incidentally had already taken delivery of my car from the third agent without my consent. As said, be careful of so called third agents acting on your behalf.

Some companies give you book value. Thats probably why they valued your car so low but you can buy it back off them. Cat a\ means you cant buy it back. Make sure you tell them that you want it back! What company was it with? And what company was the 3rd party with?