Prawns September Ring Trip Report

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
So, it's that time again folks, I've just got back and settled in from my 3rd trip of the year, so whilst it's still fresh in my mind, I thought I'd start writing this up.

Annoyingly, I can't go anywhere these days without thinking ''Nige will say there arn't enough pictures'' (a guy on Northloop), so I end up taking pictures of most things!

Having already had two trips this year, we set about planing our 3rd trip. We spent a lot of time developing the car this summer, and since the last trip, it's had new wheels, tyres, seats, harnesses, Cage, clutch, driveshafts, and a gearbox rebuild.

Amazingly, for the first time ever, the car was ready 2 weeks before the trip:

c5d5991c.jpg

Onto the trip, we woke at 02:30 Friday morning, after a curry and an early Night on Thursday. As I was doing the driving, I started with a can of Lidls finest energy drink ''Mixed Up''

85db343a.jpg

We headed to folkstone services, where we met all the rest of the guys, in our convoy were 2 S3's,a TT, an A5, a Leon Cupra, an S40, and my A3. In those cars were Westy, Tam, Stacey, Westys mate Paul, Bob in the Leon, and Andy in the S40, along with Various passengers who's names I don't fully recall right now!

Being early morning, I then totaly forgot about my photo duties, and concentrated on driving to the Ferry port. Once on the boat, I remembered I was supposed to be snapping everything!

A few fairly tired looking people, Dad wasn't too impressed with getting up at 0230!

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

We decided it was too warm inside on the boat, so headed outside to wave goodbye to england again:

IMG_3167.jpg

Off the boat after a good crossing, and we hit the E40, destined for the Ring. This was to be my view for the next 4-5 hours.

IMG_3171.jpg

Dad fell asleep after a while, leaving me to sit there with just the annoying drone of our hoover like engine.

I have pics, but I'm not allowed to post them :)

Believe it or not, this is my happy face:

IMG_3173.jpg

Dad woke up after a bit, and we both had a good laugh about him sleeping, having said just hours before ''I could never sleep in these seats''

IMG_3175.jpg

Our convoy rolled on:

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

We stopped at the first Shell station, just inside Belgium, and I topped up the tank, to make sure we had enough to get to Nurburg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

Back on the road again, and we were making good time. It was ****** hot though!

Bob decided it was too hot in the car, so he needed to cool down.

Then he decided it was too windy outside, so he grabbed the first thing to hand to stop the wind chill:

IMG_3185.jpg

It seemed to work....

Westy also passed us in a balaclava, but I didn't get a pic of this :(

Beautiful countryside on the way through Belgium:

IMG_3190.jpg

Always feel like we're getting close when we see the power station:

IMG_3194.jpg

As we were making such good time, the whole group decided to stop off at the MS kart centre, so the lads who wern't driving could get their fix!

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

The karts were great fun, Andy and I were an absolute dead match, nothing between it at all!

IMG_3203.jpg

Back on the road, and we were definitely getting close!

IMG_3205.jpg

The pictures fail for a few hours now, and I'm waiting for the rest to upload, so I'll hit enter and start again on part 2

So, we arrived at the Burgstube, and walked into the bar, Heidi said hello, and gave us our keys. No messing about, no checking in, just a friendly hello and the room keys ''you know where you are, see you soon''

I like the personal feel you get when you've been to a place a few times. makes it feel more like a home from home than a hotel.

We unpacked, by which time it was about 5pm, so we headed down to the track to get a few sighting laps and see what was going on.

Before the trip I had bought 20 laps from various people, so we were looking forward to a weekend

I went out for a lap, taking it very easy, just to see how things were with the track and the car, and to get a heat cycle into the Federal RSR's which were pretty much new.

Interesting lap, LOTS of traffic, many yellow flags, saw several smashed up cars. Didn't look like a good start to the weekend really.....

Back into the carpark, and Dad and I swaped over, and headed out for his first lap.

With the tyre pressures reset to give 28psi hot, we set off:

Just as we were going through the gates, I had a phone call from Karim to say that he and Rob had had an off in the Leon. ********!

We set out, with the intention of going to help them, Rob has said they were at Kallenhard, so we were ready to stop and help, with Hi-Vis jackets at the ready to Flag other cars.

With dad driving, our first half of the lap was great, I was feeling a bit Jumpy knowing Bob had crashed, but Dad was loving it, between leaving the pits at T13 and Flugplatz we passed about 8 cars, a few carreras, an E36 M3, and a few other smaller hatch backs. Clearly the work on the car was paying off!

We came through SX and into Aremburg at a decent pace, and came up behind a fair bit of traffic. I've been wanting Dad to try going through the foxhole flat out. No chance this lap, but there would be plenty more (or so we thought!)

We came into Kallenhard, and there we saw Rob and Karim, on the right hand side of the track, facing towards us, we wondered what the ****** hell had happened.

We were all set to stop, but the Marshalls were already there, so there was nothing we could do.

Skip to 03:40 in this vid to see a friend of ours passing Rob during his dark time, the script is amazing ''he's properly ****ed it this time''

Audi S3 Nurbugring - Harry's Lap Timer - YouTube

A pretty dark moment when we passed him, we carried on for the rest of the lap, which was pretty enjoyable for Dad, especially passing a V8 M3 coming up to Hoe Acht (sp?). I was a bit jumpy having seen Robs accident, which kind of stopped me from enjoying it as much as I should.

After our lap, we called Rob to see what was happening, then headed back to the Burgstube to wait for him to arrive.

an hour or so later, and no sign of them, they were on a Recovery truck, but the truck was insisting they were dropped at Bonguards yard.

Heidi told us there would be huge costs involved with storing the car there, and to get it taken back to the Burgstube instead.

After several failled phone calls getting nowhere, Heidi took the phone, and made some very scary noises down the phone in German to the recovery driver. Sorted. The car was being brought back to us.

Massive thanks to Heidi for that! an absolute life saver.

In the mean time, Rob was taken back to the main office in the Marshalls car, where they hit him with the bill.

£3396 Euros.

OUCH!

Unforunately, Rob had hit the Armco square on, and pushed a good length back. 3 lengths, at full height, and 5 posts were behind the HUGE bill.

I went down to the office to see if Bob was OK, he was a bit shaken, but thankfully OK. I tried to strike a deal with the office at a reduced rate, but in Hindsight, this was pointless, they wouldn't budge a single euro.

Bill paid, I took a rather sad Bob back to the Burgstube, only to find the car still wasn't there!

30 mins later, the car turned up, with Karim still with it.

The poor thing had seen better days, but somehow looked strangely awesome on the tow truck:

IMG_3209.jpg

We unloaded it, and paid the bill of 339Euros for recovery (Thanks to Heidi AGAIN for lending us some cash), then hit the bar and knocked back a good few beers, along with a pepper schnitzel.

This was NOT the start to the weekend we had planned.....

So, we got up saturday morning, and took a look at the Leon, it wasn't looking well:

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

Poor thing, such a shame. Amazingly, the radiator wasn't punctured, and it was still full of coolant!

We found this sat on the inlet whilst we working on it, I couldn't believe the size of it!

IMG_3211.jpg

Andy had popped a boost hose Friday night, so we set about fixing that too. We didn't have a replacement in the right size, but did have a larger alternative, so set about sleeving the split hose with a larger one. We found a bigger hose, sleaved the split one, bolted it up, and set off for a lap

We left Rob to rip a few things off it, and headed down to the carpark. Karim jumped in the boot for the the 600 yard drive down to the carpark:

IMG_3220.jpg

we got down to the track, only to find it was closed already. ******.

Back up to the Hotel, and Rob had started remounting the headlights. Plenty of zip ties, new holes drilled, and self tapping screws, and it was taking shape again:

IMG_3222.jpg

We looked on the webcam, and the track was open again, we so headed back down:

IMG_3223.jpg

We arrived to find it was shut, AGAIN. So back up to the hotel again to give Rob a hand.

Rob had managed to sell his 9 remaining laps to a mate of ours who was staying on the campsite, which paid off what he owed Heidi nicely. result.

Jamie Sinclair was staying in the Burgstube at the same time as us, and offered to take Karim out for a lap in the morning, Karim loved it, as his first complete lap, Jamie was definitely a good person to take him out.

Jamie then offered to take me out, I couldn't resist the offer, and jumped straight in!

Had a great 2 laps with Jamie, he clearly knows his way round, and the scoob goes very well indeed. Plenty of grip from the V70A's and 4wd system, most enjoyable!

2/3rds of the way round our second lap, coming over Eschbach (sp?) we saw a white Mini on the side of the track, with the marshalls in attendance.

My heart sank when I saw it was our mate Andy, who'd just bought Robs 9 lap ticket.

He has been cut up by a biker, and forced to drive up a kerb, which had in turn destroyed his tyre and rim.

Nothing too terrible, but a nice 280E Bill for the recovery, and 1 hours personell deployment.

******. Another downer to the weekend!

When Andy had been recovered, we headed down to the campsite to see if we could help:

IMG_3221.jpg

His Ball joint had been damaged, and the rim was destroyed. Thankfully, being a Mini group, there were plenty of spares on the campsite, so a new ball joint and wheel were sourced, and he was back on the road again.
Rob and I nipped into Schoug (Sp?) and bought some black paint to try and make his bumper look half acceptable.

After a few coats of paint, lots of hammering, many zip ties, and half a roll of tape, it wasn't looking too bad:

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

Haivng got in just two laps on Saturday, we headed back down to the track, only to find it was shut AGAIN, for the 6th time on saturday. Such a shame. SO many accidents, I've never known a weekend like it.

With this, we decided it was beer O clock, and headed back to the Burgstube.

Having had yet another less than perfect day, we sank a few beers, then headed down to the PK for a traditional steak.

had a great evening at PK, but being useless, I forgot to get any pics!

The Leon is going to be replaced by about 12 months of misery, as It's being broken for parts, to pay off the debt brought about by the armco bill!

I think Bob's going to have a year off cars, sort out his monies, then start again with something cheaper, perhaps an MX5 or mk2 golf or similar.

SUNDAY

We woke Sunday morning, later than planned, as it was announced on Saturday evening that the track wouldn't open until 0945.

We went for breakfast at 9, where we met Bruce in the bar, and got chatting.

Bruce offered to take me out for a lap in the golf, which sounded like a great idea. I've not been round with many experienced people, so any chance I can get it taken.

We jumped into the golf, and headed down to the carpark for a sighting lap. Bruce nipped into the office, and signed on as a marshall.

It had been raining all night, and the track was still fairly wet. We headed out, at a very steady pace, with Bruce talking me through several lines and places of interest. As someone with less than 50 laps under my belt, this was incredibly usefull, so I took it all in, making mental notes as we went around.

All was going well, and we were chatting away, as we came up to Hoe Acht.

Around the right hander at the top, and into the crest at the start of Hedwigshöhe, and we could instantly see something was wrong. Down at the bottom of the Hill we could see lots of smoke and debris on the track, and as we came down the hill, we could see a silver Clio, which had clearly had a smash, parked backwards against the armco 10 yards down from the marshall point (155 or 156 I believe).

We saw a guy running up the track, waving a T-shirt, and Bruce immediately put the hazzards on, pulled over, and backed the golf into Marshall point 154 behind the barrier.

We asked the chap if anyone was hurt, to which he replied ''Just the one, but he is down the bank now''

OK- sounds like one guy is a bit hurt, but he's jumped over the barriers to be safe (this was my thinking at the time and does not represent the thoughts of anyone else)

Bruce handed me a flag, and I grabbed a spare Hi-Vis vest from the golf, and we ran up the track to flag and stop the other cars. Bruce warned me not to stand next to any shiney new barrier. Not something I'd ever thought of before, but when you think about it, VERY sound advice.

We got up to Hoe Acht, and I jumped onto the Marshals point, just opposite the Hedwigshöhe sign, and started waving the flag fairly vigorously, it doesn't half make your arms ache after 15 minutes waving!

At this time, there wasn't much to see, and the track seemed fairly quite:

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

It wasn't long before the cars really started pouring in, some didn't seem to slow down, which was really pretty scary knowing what was round the corner.

IMG_3229.jpg

A couple of the porsches got a really angry wave of the flag, as they seemed to pass Bruce, and get back on the power before getting an angry Wave from me, and seeing the traffic backed up

IMG_3230.jpg

After what seemed like forever, but was in reality probably 15-20 minutes, the track was closed, and the last cars were through. The Nurburgring officials arrived, along with a police car, an ambulance, a doctor, and a yellow VW bus with blanked out windows. It was at this point that we began to realise the severity of the situation.

IMG_3234.jpg

We walked back down to the scene, to find it was very busy around the clio, and also behind the barriers. We asked a police man if both occupants were OK, to which he replied ''BOTH? there were 3 people in the car''

Oh crap, that doesn't sound good. ''Are they all OK?''

''Two will be ok, one has not made it''

''oh god, that's terrible. where is he?'' we asked.

At this point, the officer pointed behind the barriers, to a point just on the start of the tree line.

There we saw the covered body of the rear seat passenger. he had passed away at the scene, having been thrown from the car. RIP.

I'd never seen anything like this before, so at this point I felt terrible. a properly strange emotion came over me. I just felt ill. The reality of just how dangerous the Ring can be had never fully hit me before, and here it was, in just about the most graphic way possible. Not a moment I will ever forget, as long as I live.

You've all seen the pictures I'm sure, but for those who havn't, the article on 'Save the Ring' can be found here:

Save The Ring's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

Looking over the clio, there really wasn't much of it left. We also noticed at this point that it was a British car, standard seats, standard belts, no cage. My thoughts turned to the laps I've done in the past in standard cars, with rear seat passengers too. Things like this do make you wonder 'what if'

I know it's a personal preference thing here, but in future I certainly won't be going out in anything without all the appropriate safety gear. I've always had a 'no rear seat passengers on the Ring' rule in my own car anyway, and that's not about to change.

We spoke to the police, and told them everything we had seen, which sadly, hadn't been that much despite being among the first on the scene. They took our details, and thanked us for our marshalling, and asked us to wait.

By this time, the air ambulance had landed on the track at Wipperman, so we couldn't leave anyway.

We took the opportunity to take a short walk up the track, looking at it in a way you so rarely get to do, discussing lines, reference points, and the various graffiti and what it could mean.

I was amazed to see an almighty drop into the woods, just metres behind the barrier at Hoe Acht

IMG_3236.jpg

Bruce got a phone call, which reminded me I ought to phone Dad, I'd gone out for a lap almost an hour ago, the track had shut, and I hadn't returned. Definitely cause to start worrying. I spoke to him, and he was glad to hear we were fine, although we didn't know when we'd be back.

IMG_3237.jpg

It was very interesting looking at the track so close up, seeing how the camber flows in places, and Bruce explaining various lines that people took, some that worked, and some that didn't!

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

Eventually, the helicopter left. We spoke to the police one more time, where they double checked our details again, then we were allowed to leave.

Amazingly, Bruce carried on with his commentary, continuing to give me hints and tips, and demonstrate lines as we completed the final 3rd of the lap. It really is impressive how the golf corners with a good driver at the wheel, I was fine until the jump at Pflanzgarten, where he didn't appear to slow down at all, and went round the right hander after the jump at a speed I could only ever dream of! Impressive stuff.

We rounded Galgenkopf, and onto the DH, at which point we noticed the time, almost mid day! Considering we went out on the lap at 0952, I can safely say that 2 hours 8 minutes is the longest it's ever taken me to complete a lap of the ring....

When Bruce and I finally got off track, we headed back up to the Burgstube, where Bruce and I enjoyed a cold glass of Fanta each, and sat down to think about the mornings events. Very sobering.

I decided it was best to get straight back out on track, I've heard of such things were people whitness an accident or similar, and avoid driving again, only to find when they eventually do, it terrifies them. I thought it was best to just get straight back out and do a lap.

Dad and I headed out, the weather was looking grey, but the rain held off, which was nice. What followed was probably my most enjoyable lap to date. Not at all flat out, but still fairly rapid, but concentrating on trying out the new lines I'd learnt from Bruce, rather than all out speed.

Amazingly, I was able to remember every single comment, and found some of the new lines realy helpful, some fairly obvious, some not so, and in some places, it was reassuring to find I was already using the lines I had since been taught.

We didn't time it at all, as things like that just didn't seem important any more, but I felt certain it was my fastest lap of the weekend. it felt great, and the car was absolutely perfect too.

Mid way round the lap, we came across a blue 04 plate MG ZR smashed up at Wipperman, just 100 yards after this mornings fatal crash.
When we got back to the carpark, we found the track was shut again, so we headed into the Devils Diner for lunch, care of the free euros on our lap cards. QUite a nice bonus really.

WIthin minutes of us finishing lunch, the track opened, so Dad jumped in the drivers seat to try and get a few laps in, neither of us had done anywhere near the number of laps we had planned to, so we did two back to back.

The car was feeling good, and Dad really enjoyed the two laps, if I'm honest, I was still a bit jumpy after this mornings experience, but Dad was in his element, and we did two very nice laps. Dad's starting to get to know his way around now after 4 trips, so we had fairly good pace, and passed a few fairly exotic things.

It's always nice to pass more powerful machinery, regardless of driver ability playing it's part, it feels awesome to fly past a 400bhp v8 M3 in a car that you've built yourself at home in the garage. it makes all the hard work worthwhile :)

After Dads two laps, the rain came down, so we decided to go for a drive and explore, some of the places we found were beautiful:

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

Dad Still had his gloves on from his laps, which earned us a few funny looks driving on the road:

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

Impressive use of solar panels on this roof, we saw a lot of this in Germany. Very efficient.

IMG_3248.jpg

After our little drive, we headed back to the 'Tube again. I got a phone call from Karim, who'd somehow been left down at the track, and wanted picking up. I suggested he walked, but it was POURING with rain, so I went down to get him.

I pulled into the carpark, and Karim jumped in, we saw that the track was open, so decided to go out for a slow lap, just to experience the track in the wet. Very low speed indeed, taking it 100% easy, more for the experience than anything else.

my GOD it was wet, I've never known rain so hard in my life:

IMG_3249.jpg

Wipers on full speed, demister on full blast, and both windows down, just to keep the screen clear:

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

It was so wet, i asked Karim to film a few minutes, not to show off our pace by any means, but just to show how incredibly wet it was out there!

Prawn16's Channel - YouTube

Coming down into PF3, a white Mito appeared behind us, I indicated and pulled over straight away, only to see Dale fly past us, in a car that appeared to be totaly standard, how anyone can go that quick in those condition is beyond me. Much respect!

We set a stop watch running at the start, simply to see just how slow an extreme wet lap would be. A whopping time of 13 minutes was the result, and a thoroughly enjoyable lap was had! It was awesome finding out how the wet line differed to the dry, seeing where we had grip and where we didn't. Definitely worth the experience.

That done, we called it a day on the laps, and headed back up to the hotel once more for a few beers, and our favourite meal at the Burgstube, a Pepper Schnitzel!

I got a few pics of the car and others before we had to leave the next morning:

Parked up alongside a few other members cars, Jamie, Steve, Alex, and Adam:

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

Dad was trying to hide:

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

Bob and I, parked up alongside Sim's 318:

IMG_3263.jpg

A few more installs to come tomorrow, before I ****** off to Croatia for a week :)

Shame about the loss at the weekend, nobody should have to see and marshall that. A sobering reminder of what you can lose at the ring!

On the plus side, another trip done and a few more laps under the belt. And hang on a second? Actual A3 went on holiday without breaking!

As I say every year, totally jealous I didn't go! And as I also say every time, I'll go next time for sure!

Good write up Pdog, nice to see big bad Al behind the wheel! :yes:

Cheers J-Rod, Big Bad Al is loving it more and more every time! Just a shame I'm not a good passenger!

The car proved to be amazing too, honestly, it was absolutely faultless the entire weekend. Almost 1100 miles covered from home and back to home, and it wasn't touched with a single tool for the entire trip! It was simply perfect. I couldn't ask for more from it!

Cheers J-Rod, Big Bad Al is loving it more and more every time! Just a shame I'm not a good passenger!

The car proved to be amazing too, honestly, it was absolutely faultless the entire weekend. Almost 1100 miles covered from home and back to home, and it wasn't touched with a single tool for the entire trip! It was simply perfect. I couldn't ask for more from it!

That was an awesome read. The pics were great as well.

I'd expect nothing less from a quality pre facelift.

Nice I was wondering how your trip was, as the updates didn't sound good, but at least there was some enjoyment to be had.

Good write up and pics, really brings home the dangers when pushing to hard on the ring with the clio and cost wise with the Seat.

Wow epic write up dude, I might try and get the mk2 in some sort of shape for the trip next year.

Bangin write up prawn, I enjoyed the read. Shame about the lad in the Clio and track closures but looks like you guys made the most of it.cars looking sweet by the way.
Nice one mate.

Awesome read and photos Nick

I have to confess I was keen as mustard when the ASN ring trip was announced,but a contractor who was a ring veteran told me of a similar moment with a biker but it was very graphic,put me right off but as said awesome thread Nick

Awesome read mate I loved it, might even read it again :) sounds like a good weekend other than the Clio. R.I.P.

I need to go to the ring now and experience this for myself however I think I will try and get harneses now

Cheers folks,

It hasn't put me off Jase, but it's certainly opened my eyes to just how seriously you need to take this place. For me rear seat passengers are a complete NO, and always have been for fast driving at all.

More of an educational trip I'd say, but still thoroughly worthwhile, and I think the car has more than proven itself :)

Ye I try not to have frog seat passengers either if I'm on a spirited drive. It just make me feel more at ease.

Your car is remarkable. A credit to fellow 8l 1.8T's like mine. A track car with over 200,000 miles on the clock driving there, doing laps and back with no issues. .... Amazing

I hope to see this at ADI it's an inspiration to me :)

Thanks man :) the car surprises me too, it's just awesome how it goes on and on. Can't wait to get the new turbo on next year!

Will definitely be at ADI on the stand, although at £45 per session, it's highly unlikely it'll be going on track!

Very eventful Nick, glad you made it back! And RIP to the rear passenger of the Clio, agree with Nick that I'd never take a rear passenger in my car!

Wow epic write up dude, I might try and get the mk2 in some sort of shape for the trip next year.

You have another?

Will definitely be at ADI on the stand, although at £45 per session, it's highly unlikely it'll be going on track!

Ye that is quite steep allthoungh in reality if you diddnt go on the track you would have to pay £10 to get in so it really costs £35. I'm on the ASN track session so pay £35 only :)

It's going to be my first tast of track lol.

Ye your car is awesome as it is but with a new turbo it's going to supprise even more well equipped cars lol

Ye that is quite steep allthoungh in reality if you diddnt go on the track you would have to pay £10 to get in so it really costs £35. I'm on the ASN track session so pay £35 only :)

It's going to be my first tast of track lol.

Ye your car is awesome as it is but with a new turbo it's going to supprise even more well equipped cars lol

No, it's £10 entry plus £45 per session on the day!, I think?

yea, £10 entry plus £45 per session on the day!

Those lucky enough to be in the ASN track session pay £45 for entry AND track session, so £35 for the session which I could just about cope with, but even at £35 I'd feel pretty robbed!

Action days are SUCH horrific value compared to an open pit lane day, and the standard of driving tends to be awful too :(

I think I'll just enjoy watching the show for a change :)

yea, £10 entry plus £45 per session on the day!

Those lucky enough to be in the ASN track session pay £45 for entry AND track session, so £35 for the session which I could just about cope with, but even at £35 I'd feel pretty robbed!

Action days are SUCH horrific value compared to an open pit lane day, and the standard of driving tends to be awful too :(

I think I'll just enjoy watching the show for a change :)

Those on the list just pay £35 Nick! Which includes the entry ticket!! :moa:

Reserve trackday session anyone? lol

:(

Someone is CLEARLY going to drop out! Unless they've all paid up front?

Can I be first on a reserves list for when people drop out?

Reserves list:

1. Prawn

LOL! I have prawn and another member on a make shift reserve list, if you guys can conjure up a list of 12 and get payments in the next 7 days, I can arrange a 2nd ASN time slot, but as it stands, I don't have the time to do it.

No worries Jo, I can't see it happening!

I'm not about this week anyway, so it'l never happen!

If for any reason anyone does drop out count me in, othewise I'll be content with saving money and just watching for a change

You have another?

No ive got my one back, brake fluids boiled, clutch stinks, ignition barrels shagged, but nothing that can't be sorted.

Never been to the ring for real only on a playstation etc so really interesting read there mate.

Car sounds like its doing everything you wanted so good work on getting it built and running so well.

Shame about the lack of laps you could get in and of course the amount of accidents especially the one with the fatality.

One day i am going to have to make the trip over there myself to experience it in the flesh.

Thanks for sharing Prawn, excellent read and pics.

I'd love to go out there one day but the fear factor is the only thing holding me back.

Thanks for sharing Prawn, excellent read and pics.

I'd love to go out there one day but the fear factor is the only thing holding me back.

ye, the write up doesnt paint a good picture but you dont have to push it hard just spirited driving with no speed guns :)

ye, the write up doesnt paint a good picture but you dont have to push it hard just spirited driving with no speed guns :)

That's all well and good but what about the other maniacs on the track... Respect to the guys that go out there, I'll do it one day!!!