Best of the OEM/OEM+ mods

doublem_1

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread on what people thought were the best OEM/OEM+ mods on their A3/S3. Can include mods from similar VAG cars. Maybe even add a guide.

Mine are:

MK4 Golf aero wipers
R32 rear ARB
Ambient LED lighting

Havent done it but the LCR front splitter has been something i have meant to do for ages now

R32 ARB`s front & rear
8p S3 gear knob
Mk4 golf aero arms and wipers
Audi torch in cig lighter.
Stubby ariel from a honda s2000 (I think it was anyhow lol)

My whole car is OEM+ :)

The engine bay is something I am quite pleased with...

IMAG0384.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Seansy, AJC and doublem_1
Good stuff guys, lovely lovely bay there tufty!!!

OEM+ has to be the Cupra r splitter allthough I looking to be joey modding my lights soon so it's possibly going to be that.

Btw has anyone seen an a3 specific guide? If not I'll have to make one

I love the interior mods on mine. I think most of us 8L owners are in agreement that the 8L looks better than the 8P but the newer car has much better interior equipment, Audi Bluetooth, RNSE, iPod connectivity etc. Doing the conversion really makes the car feel bang up to date.

IMG_0080.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg

Desktop.jpg

Reactions: fingermouse and Inertiauk
I'm going for the spliter soon but the r32 arb for me so for Liking the stering wheel Andyc mint I'd go for the 8p gear nob too but bit dear for me

andy C I'm loving those OEM+ interior mods:icon_thumright:

Are those MTM rims? They look *superb*

Yes Si, I bought them off FazS3 about 18mths ago. I think they really suit the S3 and still look kinda OEM?

andy C I'm loving those OEM+ interior mods:icon_thumright:

Thanks moredoor, it's made me want a newer car less and less since doing it. Just the engine left to tinker with!

Loving that bay tuffty and si them upgrades make so much Difference.

Mine would have to be the S4 avus III's, LCR splitter and OE shark fin.

CIMG4245-1.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Loving that bay tuffty and si them upgrades make so much Difference.

Mine would have to be the S4 avus III's, LCR splitter and OE shark fin.

CIMG4245-1.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Very nice!!!!

Where did you get the shark fin by the way? I like it a lot!

Please how did you get the shark fin to work? audi told me they wouldnt fit and they need a live feed? some advice much appricated

great looking cars here!!

Cheers mate. Fin I got off my mate buckshee, he fit it as that's what he does. All i know is he chopped the original coax cable from the feed in the boot and jointed it in the roof lining. He did have some problems getting a reception on auto if i remember but i never use the radio so ill have to check on that their is two versions I believe one with power feed and one without. This one only had a coax feed.

Cheers mate. Fin I got off my mate buckshee, he fit it as that's what he does. All i know is he chopped the original coax cable from the feed in the boot and jointed it in the roof lining. He did have some problems getting a reception on auto if i remember but i never use the radio so ill have to check on that their is two versions I believe one with power feed and one without. This one only had a coax feed.

Damo I looked at doing this mod but was told that the Audi shark fin was only for GPS signal and that AM/FM reception was taken from an aerial in the rear windscreen. I've found that with just a stubby original aerial the AM reception is rubbish, do you know any more of this 'other version'? I'm guessing you need to have an aerial in the rear windscreen if you want to use a shark fin?

Your car looks great by the way, how is the vinyl holding up to stone chips etc?

Looks great Im so tempted to change the wheel and radio but I bet its not cheap ...........

I love the interior mods on mine. I think most of us 8L owners are in agreement that the 8L looks better than the 8P but the newer car has much better interior equipment, Audi Bluetooth, RNSE, iPod connectivity etc. Doing the conversion really makes the car feel bang up to date.

IMG_0080.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg

Desktop.jpg

Lcr splitter and powder coating the original avus alloys, to a slightly
Brighter silver and slight speckly, sounds tacky , but looks cool in the sun( 5 days in the year in Ireland)

Absolutely loving the 8p steering wheel!

On mine so far my favourite OEM+ mod (and my only one so far ha!) has to be my boost gauge :)

5d802213.jpg

0351b857.jpg

Good times!

Looks great Im so tempted to change the wheel and radio but I bet its not cheap ...........

eBay is your friend......... ; )

Mirror is a cheap mod and very easy to do, RNSE is easy to fit, bit more complicated to wire in (but nothing like some of the stereo installs people have done on here - Tuffty for example) and wheel is a PITA but possible.

Boost gauge looks brilliant, even at night with the red. Where did you pick that up?
I want one! NOW!!!!!!

Got any more details on the mirror?

Got mine on eBay, £25. Simply swap over and connect the loom that came with mine to the connector in the roof console. When Hazzy Dayz fitted the wheel they added a connection in the lower A pillar so the mirror reverts to normal when selecting reverse.

Std on facelift S3's, don't know on pre-facelift though...

<tuffty/>

cheers, they are all red in my 99 A3, i think if i took my clocks apart again i would keep the fade the bulbs around the rev counter and speedo from white to red

Boost gauge looks brilliant, even at night with the red. Where did you pick that up?
I want one! NOW!!!!!!

Haha cheers buddy! Yeah I love it, excellent quality too! Got it all from SWG Motorsport.

Here's the links mate, bit pricey but worth every penny IMO :)

The vent pod
Audi S3/A3 Air Vent Gauge Pod £41.04 VW Accessories & Styling , Worldwide Mailorder

The gauge
New South Performance Spectrum Boost Gauge £66.84 VW Accessories & Styling , Worldwide Mailorder

It is a little bit brighter than the clocks however this didn't bug me but the red light colour matches the clocks spot on. There's a small button on the back of the gauge that you press to cycle through all the different shades of colours.

Hope this helps!

LCR brembos.

All 8l S3's have white needles as far as I know, very early ones with analog clock may not.