AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mk1chopper

Thread: alcantara recaros

Neutral

Status

alcantara recaros

Hey guys probably a silly question but are the half leather seats heated. The reason I ask is that I have the full black leather and don't get me wrong it's nice but whenever I see the blue ones I just wish I had them. To be honest I kinda hope they aren't as then I don't have to go and try to find someone to swap with. Also if I cant find a swap how much do guys think It should cost to get them re-trimmed.
    Cheers Derek

2. # ADS
    ADS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    any of the seats can be heated it was an optional extra from the factory. My old S3 had the black and blue seats that were heated but i have seen a fair few that are not.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    Fair enough thought it might be the case, was just checking that the 1/2 leather were able to be heated. I'm sure you need the climate control to get headed seats.

colicabcadam
    i wouldn't get FULL leathers again, i find they are too warm in the summer! my rs4 will have the half and half option!

Neutral

Status
    Trust me I'd luv to have the half leather and im still keeping an eye on ebay and the classifieds, but really need a swap rather than another full interior.

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Agreed, personally I think these are the best Audi seats.

Thinking about it I've always had half leathers, the new set of Leathers I just got the for the A3 are the second set of leathers I've ever had.

These seats were comfy...
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Neutral

Status
    They look good but till got to luv alcantara(for me anyway)

colicabcadam
    leather seats look great, but your body can not breath in them, even in the winter i find they get too warm on the back! half and half is key!

Status
    Yeah if you wanted to retrofit heated seats you would need the the climate unit with the heated seat controls and also purchase a loom and of course have seats that have the heating element already fitted.

I did concider this when looking to purchase my new car but it looked a bit of a difficult route to take so just made sure i found one with heated seats already.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    Well if you know anyone crazy enough to give up heated half leather seats then send them my way.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    If you go half leather they don't need to be heated, the alcantara manages the temp perfectly IMO.

16Klappe - 205 GTI seats are seriously comfy.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

Neutral

Status
    Your right but I would hate to have a button on the dash not work it would drive me up the wall.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I love my alcantara interior... silver am bestest of course ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Missing the S3

Status
    I think these are the best recaros fitted to an audi
    PistonHeads.com
    Diesel Quattro likes this.

Neutral

Status
    on a silver car I think the silver alcantara look amazing. A boy I went to uni with used to have a silver s3 with the silver half leather and every single day I would stare as I walked past. To be fair your car looks amazing anyway.

Neutral

Status
    My dad has a white s2 and he has been searching for a set of rs2 seats, they are nice. Still prefer the S3 ones.

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Silver ftw, coloured are nice but I think it can be a little over the top. Take a bit of looking after though. I'm going to try the raceglaze tuffty's and jase were on about sounds like good stuff.
    Might wanna try a breakers dude, Good luck with the hunt

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    I find them reasonably easy to keep clean, the raceglaze stuff works really well, especially when coupled with a remington fuzzaway!
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    I have the blue and black ones in my silver S3, I love them and have so many people comment on them, asking how much it cost to get them done!!

Mine are also heated, however as already mentioned, hardly need them on as they control the temperature very well.

Having lower back problems, I do find the heated seats a great benefit.

Neutral

Status
    Same I work in an office all day and its just murder on the lower back would never give up on heated lumbar support. Saying that these seats are the only heated seats I've used that heat your back more then your ass. It's better that way, my mate had a saab and it felt like it was trying to burn your balls off.

Status
    Heated seats FTW

One of the main things my S3 had to have when looking was this option as have it in my last 4 cars and on a cold winters morning its defo saved me a few trips to the back quack.

Another S3 owner....

Status
    I hear what you all say, but pure full leather does look kinda better....a lot.
    Yes seats are hot in summer and cold in winter for a short while (I don't even have heated seats), but I feel all the better when I look around in the interior.
    I read somewhere they even did a 2 tone full leather option red/back , I believe ?
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    The 2 tone full leather red/back option looked gash. Half leather FTW.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+

Neutral

Status
    Don't mind the two tone silver/white and black in the 8p's, but not a fan of the red and black.

Another S3 owner....

Status
    your probably all correct - red and black in worn leather would look gash.....but if they were like new condition then I bet that would be a different story.
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

1st Gear

Status
    Love my Alcantara / Leather Recarro's

Neutral

Status
    Ruislip (Middlesex) & Longbridge (Birmingham)
    What is this reglaze? And where an I get it from? I have the half leather and alacantra. In the silver/White! I find these difficult to keep clean and also stop them from bobbling!

Help!!!!

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have half leather and yellow alcantara recaros mmmmmm nice < fully electric & heated

Reverse Gear

Status
    You can get rid of Bobbles by very very carefully shaving with a sharp stanley blade , but go careful

Reverse Gear

Status
    whats the pull out front section in aid of??

6th Gear

Status
    ...in aid of extending the seat?
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tward11 View Post
    whats the pull out front section in aid of??
    for lanky buggers....

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not needed by me then I'm a short arse !!!