alcantara recaros

DerekC

Reaction score
Hey guys probably a silly question but are the half leather seats heated. The reason I ask is that I have the full black leather and don't get me wrong it's nice but whenever I see the blue ones I just wish I had them. To be honest I kinda hope they aren't as then I don't have to go and try to find someone to swap with. Also if I cant find a swap how much do guys think It should cost to get them re-trimmed.
Cheers Derek

any of the seats can be heated it was an optional extra from the factory. My old S3 had the black and blue seats that were heated but i have seen a fair few that are not.

Fair enough thought it might be the case, was just checking that the 1/2 leather were able to be heated. I'm sure you need the climate control to get headed seats.

i wouldn't get FULL leathers again, i find they are too warm in the summer! my rs4 will have the half and half option!

Trust me I'd luv to have the half leather and im still keeping an eye on ebay and the classifieds, but really need a swap rather than another full interior.

Agreed, personally I think these are the best Audi seats.

A3026.jpg

Thinking about it I've always had half leathers, the new set of Leathers I just got the for the A3 are the second set of leathers I've ever had.

These seats were comfy...
205GTI010-1.jpg

They look good but till got to luv alcantara(for me anyway)

leather seats look great, but your body can not breath in them, even in the winter i find they get too warm on the back! half and half is key!

Yeah if you wanted to retrofit heated seats you would need the the climate unit with the heated seat controls and also purchase a loom and of course have seats that have the heating element already fitted.

I did concider this when looking to purchase my new car but it looked a bit of a difficult route to take so just made sure i found one with heated seats already.

Well if you know anyone crazy enough to give up heated half leather seats then send them my way.

If you go half leather they don't need to be heated, the alcantara manages the temp perfectly IMO.

16Klappe - 205 GTI seats are seriously comfy.

Your right but I would hate to have a button on the dash not work it would drive me up the wall.

I love my alcantara interior... silver am bestest of course ;P

IMG_3327.jpg

<tuffty/>

on a silver car I think the silver alcantara look amazing. A boy I went to uni with used to have a silver s3 with the silver half leather and every single day I would stare as I walked past. To be fair your car looks amazing anyway.

My dad has a white s2 and he has been searching for a set of rs2 seats, they are nice. Still prefer the S3 ones.

Silver ftw, coloured are nice but I think it can be a little over the top. Take a bit of looking after though. I'm going to try the raceglaze tuffty's and jase were on about sounds like good stuff.
Might wanna try a breakers dude, Good luck with the hunt

I find them reasonably easy to keep clean, the raceglaze stuff works really well, especially when coupled with a remington fuzzaway!

I have the blue and black ones in my silver S3, I love them and have so many people comment on them, asking how much it cost to get them done!!

Mine are also heated, however as already mentioned, hardly need them on as they control the temperature very well.

Having lower back problems, I do find the heated seats a great benefit.

Same I work in an office all day and its just murder on the lower back would never give up on heated lumbar support. Saying that these seats are the only heated seats I've used that heat your back more then your ***. It's better that way, my mate had a saab and it felt like it was trying to burn your balls off.

Heated seats FTW :)

One of the main things my S3 had to have when looking was this option as have it in my last 4 cars and on a cold winters morning its defo saved me a few trips to the back quack.

I hear what you all say, but pure full leather does look kinda better....a lot.
Yes seats are hot in summer and cold in winter for a short while (I don't even have heated seats), but I feel all the better when I look around in the interior.
I read somewhere they even did a 2 tone full leather option red/back , I believe ?

Don't mind the two tone silver/white and black in the 8p's, but not a fan of the red and black.

your probably all correct - red and black in worn leather would look gash.....but if they were like new condition then I bet that would be a different story.

I have half leather and yellow alcantara recaros mmmmmm nice < fully electric & heated

You can get rid of Bobbles by very very carefully shaving with a sharp stanley blade , but go careful