12v cigarette lighter socket in boot guide?

doublem_1

Reaction score
Has anyone on here installed a 12v lighter socket in the boot like how the mk4 golf has them? Would like to see a guide if there is one about. I have had a search on here but couldn't find one.

Not installed one but shouldn't be too difficult.

Buy a 12v socket ideally from a Golf but obviously any will do. Drill a hole in the trim and install it. Run a feed from the front Cigarette lighter's fuse in the fusebox by splicing a wire in. Run the feed to the back of the car and solder to the socket. Run an earth from a seatbelt mounting point or another suitable earthing point.

If the front socket runs only when the ignition is on, the other socket will be the same. You can take a permanent live (but make sure it's fused) if you want it to run even with the engine off but cool boxes are pretty energy intensive.

Ah ok. Yes probably best to take it from the front cig lighter i suppose. Was hoping there would be a good source in the boot rather than try and run wires all that way. I intend on using for yes cool box and sometimes a 240v adapter for charging camera batteries. Might be doing a euro road trip!

Has anyone on here installed a 12v lighter socket in the boot like how the mk4 golf has them? Would like to see a guide if there is one about. I have had a search on here but couldn't find one.

See if this helps:

Waks Wide Web

Iv thought about this as my golf had it, but the 'higher quality' a3/s3 doesn't,

Maybe come off power feed to amp for sub, that should be permanent live, then just fuse it. My cigarette lighter is perminately live regardless of ignition position.