EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

led lights on dash

Hi can anyone help I have 2000 s3 and my warning lights seem to be hit and miss the small led display between the speedo and rev counter which tell you your mpg and distance of fuel ect sometimes it almost works fine, other days you cant even read it , there seems to be lines missing and it appears to be lines that have not lite up , if that makes sence, what is this small display screen called and is this expensive to repair, I am scarred stiff to take it to an Audi dealer they seem to rip me off on every visit, any help would be most welcome, cheers LYNN

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    It's a common fault mate. Mine has the same issue. I think you can buy a replacement unit on eBay for a decent amount, not sure how hard the installation is though.
    2000 8L S3: Ebony Black Pearl; Black Leather; Raceland Coilovers; 18x8" Avus Wheels; Autobahn88 TIP, Forge SplitR DV; Calibre Boost Gauge; Pioneer MVH-8200 Headunit; BOSE speakers; 10" Fusion powered subwoofer;

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow

Status
    Mines completely gone. I've looked into it and you can buy a brand new replacement LCD DIS (driver information system as it's called) they're about £30 delivered. On the a3/s3 clocks they're soldered onto the circuit board so all you've got to do is take your clocks out, melt the old solder attaching the original dis then simply solder the new one onto it and you should be rockin' and rollin' my mate (dannyh) also mentioned to me about heating it with a hairdryer after taking the clocks apart and putting it back together and that can sometimes give them a bit of a lease of life? Hope this helps

Nogaro S3

Status
    Ye there was a guide to fixing the display but I can’t find it now, mine is sometimes iffy, if it’s hot it will fade but when it’s cold it is really visible.

Basically I removed the clock and took them apart, then there is a blue strip down the side of the DIS where it attaches to the screen from the chip board, the reason for the dead pixels is when the connection becomes broken, I heated up the connection on the screen with a hairdryer and then using the side of a match stick I applied pressure on the ribbon to stick it back down, I then also padded out the frame that holds it in place so that it is a tighter fit,

It wasn’t a complete success, I got about two pixels back, I here that it is a bit hit and miss, it will either make it a lot better or just do nothing at all so I thought it was worth a go lol

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow

Status
    As mentioned ^^ so you've got both options now lol! Try dannys technique first and if it doesn't work then cheap new DIS off eBay