What do you think of these?

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
No BS this time! Not a photoshop, i did actualy buy these! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

They are Ace 112... I havent weighed them but they are a fair bit lighter than the RS6's! a bit different too. The face is slightly polished and the inside of the spokes has a teflon-like coating and is black so hides the dirt.. happy with that!

Not to everyones taste, but i think they look good!

Rich

YEah they are nice wheels but think you should of gone for 18" i take it they r 17's just look abit small for the motor for some reason imo. I do like the teflon coated inner bits though looks cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
YEah they are nice wheels but think you should of gone for 18" i take it they r 17's just look abit small for the motor for some reason imo. I do like the teflon coated inner bits though looks cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are 18's! The pictures are a bit deceptive but they do look smaller than the RS6's did!

Rich

After looking at them for several minutes they have grown on me and I do like them as they suit it well (Wasn't sure to start with)

17's yeah?

My mate had those on his Lupo, but I wasn't sure on that.

i was also intrigued by the wierd looking lower plastic grill ... until I blinked realised it was intercooler plumbing and though OMG that looks sweet as ****. Am I right?

[ QUOTE ]
They are 18's! The pictures are a bit deceptive but they do look smaller than the RS6's did!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok scrub my last comment then mate....they definately look deceptive maybe its the teflon like coating. They do look very nice and suit the car well....colour matching and all that. Your car looks rapid mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
After looking at them for several minutes they have grown on me and I do like them as they suit it well (Wasn't sure to start with)

17's yeah?

My mate had those on his Lupo, but I wasn't sure on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt 100% onvinced when i put them on but love them now. they are 18's... pics are a bit deceptive.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
i was also intrigued by the wierd looking lower plastic grill ... until I blinked realised it was intercooler plumbing and though OMG that looks sweet as ****. Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. All intercooler and pipework.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok scrub my last comment then mate....they definately look deceptive maybe its the teflon like coating. They do look very nice and suit the car well....colour matching and all that. Your car looks rapid mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

If you don't mind me asking how much did they set you back? As I want some BBS's but can't really afford to pay out for them, and these look very BBSish

Also are they Diamond cut? As my mates where are they got really quite badly chipped (I pressume it must have been grit flicking up and hitting them)

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't mind me asking how much did they set you back? As I want some BBS's but can't really afford to pay out for them, and these look very BBSish

Also are they Diamond cut? As my mates where are they got really quite badly chipped (I pressume it must have been grit flicking up and hitting them)

[/ QUOTE ]

I got them from Wheelbase for £995 with sh*te tyres which i sold with the RS6's and replaced with toyos. Not sure if they are diamond cut... will soon see i guess!

[ QUOTE ]
I've looked at the pics loads now, and I can't decide.......yay....nay.....yay....nay....I dunno.
If I saw it out on the road, I would probably would say "wow...awesome etc". Cars always seem different in the metal to me.

I would say they are an improvment.

I notice you went for the stretched tyre look also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt going for the stretched tyre look...just how it turned out. They are exactly the same dimensions as the RS6's (18x8.5) but the tyres are slightly stretched.

Actually ou new graphics are not yet on the car... but they are not full side graphics this time...just small logos to go along the door sills.

Rich

Sweet Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That intercooler looks mighty nice under there matey...

What happened to the decals?

Tim

thats one fine looking car you have mate, i like, lots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

those wheels kind of give it a rally-slag look! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
.A bit M3 CSL'ish...

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Only see M3's in the rear view mirror! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Naaa, come onnnn....really??

A CSLs gonna be a good match I would have thought?

Just looked at the CSL figures... It has the EXACT same power/weight as mine and roughly the same torque but its 110kg heavier.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Nice stable of vehicles there. Hoping to get some decent pics of mine together this year - but will have to wait til it warms up a bit!
Got a Daytona for when the car just isn't fast enough - come on the summer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Yep definately roll on summer! I ****** hate winter!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
uuuuuuuummmmmmmmm.........mmmmmmm.....,,,,,.....mmmmmmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nope still don't know what to think of the wheels, because as said by others they look smaller than they are.....well and truely rally syle.

They look good Rich and atleast you dare to be different.......unlike me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers. They are certainly different in the flesh...pics, as always, do no justice! Looks great on the street outside my office... Like its about to snap at a passing car that doesnt like the way its lights look at it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Really nice Rich! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

They look much better than the RS6's (And they looked good!)

Nice job!

Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh at the next meet.

Nice choice Rich. I was swithering as i hadn't seen them on...but i'm loving it.

only (silly) question i would have is that would they accomodate 235 / 40 / 18 tyres? i

Gotta agree with most of the people here they look very nice mate!!

[ QUOTE ]
Nice choice Rich. I was swithering as i hadn't seen them on...but i'm loving it.

only (silly) question i would have is that would they accomodate 235 / 40 / 18 tyres? i

[/ QUOTE ]

They would, but i wouldnt want them to be honest.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Looks tops matey , good choice i say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They would, but i wouldnt want them to be honest.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be a pain in the rear with the questions. On what grounds would you not want them? I am liking the fact that they are 8.5 rather than 8's so i'd assumed (probably wrongly) that 235's were the way to go. Hence my question. Ta in advance.

And i think the car looks awesome. Very jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My thinking was 8.5's (and 235's) would fill the rear arches better on S3 without using spacers and comprimising on wheel bearing life. But rather than 225's, the 235's would protect the alloy better - while also filling that rear arch!

But didn't really consider tramlining - Doh!! Anybody with 235's have this problem? Any of the 19" boys?

Ta

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was 8.5's (and 235's) would fill the rear arches better on S3 without using spacers and comprimising on wheel bearing life. But rather than 225's, the 235's would protect the alloy better - while also filling that rear arch!

But didn't really consider tramlining - Doh!! Anybody with 235's have this problem? Any of the 19" boys?

Ta

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimbo got it in one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also they cost more, and i like the look of slightly stretched tyres... its nothing drastic but does give it a very 'GRRRRR' look to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ta

[/ QUOTE ]

235s will KILL the chassis...
It's not great to start with...and in my view, 225s are too wide for a truly adjustable chassis...so going to 235s will add very little in outright grip, but WILL numb the steering, reduce the feel, add weight, and make the car far less linear to drive properly.

The difference between posers and drivers is the width of their aftermarket tyres!
Those who actually drive the thing, and understand...don't go too wide.

If you need a 235 tyre to fit on the rim...the rim is too big...which in all honestly, is the case with mose people and their aftermarket wheels.

Rich,
****** good choice!

Looks stunning....much better than those heavy, clumsy looking RS6 reps...
Did you weigh them vs the RS6s?

They not only look better...but will be stronger by virtue of the perfect design - proven to be the strongest wheel design available.

BTW, is one of the Duke's yours?

[ QUOTE ]
Rich,
****** good choice!

Looks stunning....much better than those heavy, clumsy looking RS6 reps...
Did you weigh them vs the RS6s?

They not only look better...but will be stronger by virtue of the perfect design - proven to be the strongest wheel design available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Glen,

Im well happy with them! Unfortunately i did not get the chance to weight them! i was still fitting them when the bloke turned up to buy my RS6's! D'oh! I've got a spare RS6 though which i will weight and see what the difference is... But by having on in my left hand and one in my right, the difference is noticeable.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, is one of the Duke's yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, no. Although give me a couple more years and there will be another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The 748 is Jay's and the ST4S is my dads.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you pass a message onto Jay for me?

...tell him I hate him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you pass a message onto Jay for me?

...tell him I hate him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha... Its for sale if you are interested!

[ QUOTE ]

If you get a chance...i realise you have better things to do...could you do a close up of the stretched look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a pic of the stretch on mine
215 tyre on a ten inch rim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
429519_19.jpg

cheers jimbo

Rich
just been doing some reading on old thread and you mentioned that 8's are the the way to go in terms of handling etc. Admittedly this was over a year ago.....but have you discovered different since. or is it because the Ace Wheels are light you can go for 8.5's

cheers

ian