Goodbye Standard S3!!! Time for Mods!

jansa3turbo

Audi A3 1.8T Sport
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've owned my 2001 blue S3 (210 AMK) for a 14 months now, and finally decided to get on the modding boat!
Today I've arranged amd re-map and miltek cat back nonresonated exhaust (£737)
Plus I've got a supersprint decat going on too, picked up for £132
Forge 007 for £80 and a Badger 5 TIP with jettex filter and heat shield!

All this happening Saturday! Wish me luck!!!

Good luck look forward to seeing what it makes once done

I love it when you find a couple grand down the back of the couch!!

Hope all goes well for ya, re-map'd S3 = :yahoo:

Cheers guys,

Forgot to say that I went on Power engineering rolling road in Uxbridge about a month ago and dyno'd 208.6 BHP and 215 lbft Torque!
So atleast I know that i'm starting with good power!
Yeh its costing a few bob, i've raided my piggy bank so hard, even down to using the coinstar machine at ASDA changing up bucket loads of 2p's to fund the fuel to ESSEX and back! :)

i've raided my piggy bank so hard, even down to using the coinstar machine at ASDA changing up bucket loads of 2p's to fund the fuel to ESSEX and back! :)

thats what i like to here, living in poverty for the love of a car lol :thumbsup:

Everyone should remap, so much more fun after a remap! I had a Custom Code remap by Storm & it was a really smooth delivery :)

You will enjoy!

Guys! Need to make decision quick on the miltek - resonated or non-resonated?!

Non res, it's louder haha

Non res isnt that loud, just a throaty tone. you'll love it

Id advise getting a fmic aswell. Was stuck in traffic today for ages, went to put my foot down when the road was clear............Lets just say the car felt like standard again :(

Non res isnt that loud, just a throaty tone. you'll love it

Id advise getting a fmic aswell. Was stuck in traffic today for ages, went to put my foot down when the road was clear............Lets just say the car felt like standard again :(

lol i know what you mean about that. i was giving it some welly n it was shocking how sluggish the car got. seems to be worse than normal also. but ive only got 1 mesely smic

Sounds good dude,

She'll feel like a different car when you get all that done.

be prep'd to buy a coilpack or two if you haven't changed them recently.

Get none res, and when you pick it up from fitting, don't panic, because it sounds stupidly loud and growley when its brand new, but once it beds in it settles down nicely.

yeah your exhaust tone will quieten down one you get some soot cakes up in there. I'm saving up for a fmic as the heatsoak is terrible.I thought my ecu had suddenly reset lool. you'll be chuffed one your all mapped up etc

Well... I phones up Amd and they said it was too late to order in the non res so i've got the res unless I change appointment!
The thing is I'm not to worried about that because I'm guessing I could always remove the mid section to make it like the non res
Version if I really want some more tones?!
My Bigger problem is that today the badger tip and decat plus forge 007 went on...
The good news is that it all sounds great and slot more lively! Nice sound effects from the 007.
It's all round the right way and I'm
Pretty pleased but still waiting for the heatshield which is a shame.
The bad news is I've got blue smoke, there is a breather pipe which feels knackered and is pretty bent over due to the positioning of
The badger so I'm going to renew it tomorrow on the way to Essex, bill said this could be why she's smoking? Mostly happening before
boost comes in, ie 25mph 3rd gear put foot down - bluey smoke builds then clears on boost?
Slighty worried its something else as I've decat so that would make back pressure problems for turbo seals so I'm told?
Apart from that it feels great... Just hoping I can sort breather and magically it works properly.
No blue smoke at all before today and upon feeling the turbo inlet it felt nice and sturdy.
What do you reckon guys?

Meant to be leaving at 6.45 for Amd in Essex for the miltek and remap... Still go even with smoke?

Good news! Breather pipe was the problem so all good now! First power run without the remap was 227 BHP! Now waiting for them to load the new map!!! :-D

Goodluck mate! I really want a badger tip! Heard so many good reviews from it!

OK..... I'm home and ****** hell what a difference! I thought a new map would liven it up a bit but third gear is now pinning me in the seat!
VERY HAPPY! They loaded a Stage 2 map and figures are as follows...

BEFORE: TIP with JETTEX, FORGE 007, DE CAT, MILLTEK

226.7 BHP
214 lb/ft TORQUE

AFTER: ALL of above plus stage 2 map

262.3 BHP
286.3 lb/ft TORQUE

Apparantely it's still "unadapted" and is likely to hit nearer 270 after 4 cold starts....
With heatshield and a cold air duct widened then maybe???
Either way I'm pretty happy indeed! Awesome.... What the hell must 500 feel like is the question on my mind! :-D

Awesome results there man!

Once again Bills 3'' TIP proving that it delivers the results, every time!