Clunking noise at a steer of 90 degrees+ to the right.

New2Audi

Reaction score
Hello Audi folks :)

Most recently when steering to the right at a 90 degree steer or more, a 'clunking' sound is coming from beneath. I was hoping if any of you have experienced this issue before, or if you could shed any light on what this could be.

The more the steer, the louder this 'clunking' sound...

Many Thanks

Could be a CV joint well past it's best or something mechanical hitting someting it shouldn't, have you lowered the car at all? Is so check for witness marks where something might be making contact on full lock.

i recently had lowering springs fitted and was getting a clunk noise after that, so took it to a different garage highly recommended and under inspection turned out to be bearings and top mounts, which should of been replaced when fitting lowering springs. i had to replace all four corners because i left it clunking for a couple of weeks and 2 out of the 4 had popped through the bodywork near enough, the clunking noise was due to the springs coiling up. my advice would to get it checked asap buddy cost me £230 to put right

still could be your bearings and mounts tho pal lowered or not, cv joint are not that hard to replace if youve got the right tools and cost about 30-50 quid off ebay thers a few posts on here on how to replace

Has it had a clutch changed recently? If so it could be your gearbox bracket is abit loose from the mount, just look under the airbox and you should see it. Also have a look if youv got a split in your cv as stated dp its the most likely cause of the nock.