Adding fog lights to A3 8L 1998

waggawagga

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone advise the best way to add fog lights to my 8L 1998?

I had thought I could just buy part of the bumper grille like this...

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

and slot it in....but apparently not. Do I need to fit the entire lower grille? If so, any tips on where to source or what the part number is?

Many thanks in advance.

Best bet is to buy a lower valance from fleabay, about 40 notes, then practice your wiring skills adding in a relay from the battery to make them light up....
Easy!

Best bet is to buy a lower valance from fleabay, about 40 notes, then practice your wiring skills adding in a relay from the battery to make them light up....
Easy!

Hi, thanks for the reply. Should I be looking for a lower valance from an 8P or perhaps one from an 8L S3?

A3 8l. 8p won't fit and s3 is one piece and expensive... Just look for a lower valance with spotlight holes, you may well still need the grilles...

@ markyboy how did you get the black mesh grill to fit(on the upper part of the bumper). is it a S3 grill by any chance?

Cheers

Tom.

It's not S3 as i beleive they are slightly larger.... it's just a metal grill i picked up off ebay... i have since changed it to an ABT one though now...... the metal one wasn't the best of fits to start of with to be honest ... i had to bend it quite a lot to get it to fit... it's now hung up in the garage going rusty

Mesh grill

ABT Grill