Has anybody ever put Leon seats in an A3?

16Klappe

Man Boost!
Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE Leon seats, and a friend of mine is splitting his Leon. I am buying a new A3 which needs seats...see where this is going?

Anybody ever done it?

If its a 5 door A3 then yeah, should fit (Mk1 Leon assumingly), no good on a 3 door A3 though... no reclining to get peeps in the back...

<tuffty/>

If its a 5 door A3 then yeah, should fit (Mk1 Leon assumingly), no good on a 3 door A3 though... no reclining to get peeps in the back...

<tuffty/>

I would never own a car with too many doors, but then again I am not interested in having people in the back. I haven't had anybody sit in the back of my car for over two years, so if I needed to I would happily roll them forwards on the runners and make them struggle haha!

Past S3 recaro's they are my fav' seat. Super comfortable :)

so if I needed to I would happily roll them forwards on the runners and make them struggle haha!

Whilst I agree with having people in the back, or not as the case may be, I wouldn't want to be stuck in the back of your car if you stacked it and I couldn't get out because the seats wouldn't fold forward...is it even legal?

Whilst I agree with having people in the back, or not as the case may be, I wouldn't want to be stuck in the back of your car if you stacked it and I couldn't get out because the seats wouldn't fold forward...is it even legal?

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

Hmmmm, what do Recaro S3's go for these days? £400?

Yea, don't do Leon seats in the a3 mate. They're horrid seats anyway, no support what so ever!

By any chance is that rob who just got back from the ring? ;)

Yeah, that'll be Rob bob and his remodeled Leon!

Why why why did they RUIN the Leon and only make them in 4 door, such a shame :(

So, S3 seats or half leather's like Prawns it is then! Lou's going to freak when I spend a grand on wheels and seats whilst unemployed :whistle2:

Well I won't be needing this thread anymore!

I popped round to Team Prawn Racing HQ today to see if I could simply borrow a pair of minging old cheque A3 Sport seats which have been knocking about for a few years.

And left with these beauties -

293601_10150423524265130_709735129_10839789_60274543_n.jpg

311215_10150423524365130_709735129_10839791_1495051511_n.jpg

304550_10150423524520130_709735129_10839793_553880944_n.jpg

Thanks big bad Al, and Prawn :o.k:

aww pic aint showing at work was did u get?

Full set of leathers :)

Drivers seat needs a little re-stitch, but I know a man who can for £15. Just need to go and get the car now!! :D

Nice buy mate, (for the record Blue check A3 sport seats are awesome)

Ye the Leon seats are not as supportive and it is an MOT failure if you cant get in the back so it wouldnt have worked anyway,

Nice buy mate, (for the record Blue check A3 sport seats are awesome)

Ye the Leon seats are not as supportive and it is an MOT failure if you cant get in the back so it wouldnt have worked anyway,

i got the blue check! REPRESENT!

Kinda matches really well. Ive got blue boost pipes to go on soon and im painting my s3 brakes blue also.

Reactions: dannyh
The check interiors are (IMO) ming, but I also hate the fake recaro cloth ******** that comes in facelift sports too.

Could be worse, could always have one of those horiffic blue dashes and carpets. Anybody on here actually got one of them?

Oh god yea, I looked at buying a facelift from a chap on here when I bought the daily, but when I realised it had a BLUE dashboard, I just couldn't go ahead with it!

Oh god yea, I looked at buying a facelift from a chap on here when I bought the daily, but when I realised it had a BLUE dashboard, I just couldn't go ahead with it!

So hateful aren't they.

Again, it could always be even worser. Imagine actually paying extra for these piles of crap -

DSC07573.jpg