Help I keep thinking of selling!!

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
Guys i keep thinking of selling my S3 not sure I could go through with it at the end of the day though lol, thing is at the moment all my money is going on my house so the funds from the car would be really good at the moment then buy a nice replacement once the house is sorted :) but at the same time id love to keep it and do more mod's all ready for next show season......

What sort of price would i sell for if i were to though?? i have spent 27k on this car its mint and i mean mint i promise you wouldnt find a better s3 on the market (not that this is on the market :) ) im thinking of 10k i no most on here will say its well over priced thats why im asking but its also been twice mag featured and show winner

earlyedition20113.jpg

Kev you need a good slap mate, haha.

If you sell that car you will regret it the very second you hand the keys over.

A close mate of mine sold his pride and joy for a house, 3 months later he and misses split up, was house and car less, poor kid was gutted.
So my point is, don't sell :) haha.

What the hell have you spent 27k on.

Mate, Kev's car is a work of art....

Keep it Kev, you will only regret it in the end.... 10k might seem a lot but its worth it to the right person... finding that person in todays climate is a tricky call... you may get lucky or yo may end up getting ****** off with not finding anyone for a while, reduce the price, get ****** off with the car and everything about her and sell it for a song...

Keep it knowing you love the thing and accept her for what she is...

My tuppence etc.. :)

<tuffty/>

To get 10k it will be to an enthusiast, theres no way joe bloggs will pay even 8k for it Imo...

27k is going to be tough to swallow, and like IrishDave cant understand how you have spent that much?

I would keep it, and forget about the money tied up in it, and just do the house up slower....

Agreed, as lovely as it is, I think you'll struggle to get anywhere near to £10k for it, most people won't pay that much of a premium for mods these days.

Stick with it mate, doesn't make sense to lose the £27k you've invested, to then start again next year all for the sake of a bit of painting and decorating and a new avocado coloured bathroom suite...

makes more sense to save up for the house stuff than sell the car IMO.

Reactions: s3123
Mate, Kev's car is a work of art....

<tuffty/>

27k seems a hell of alot of money but the spec and stuff thats been trialed out etc on this car is far beyond most on here..other then big turbos and the like others have done. but as above its a work of art :)

your all starting to convince me to keep it now lol

Out of curiosity can you tell us how you Spent 27k on parts since you are a mechanic?

keep it kev! seen it in person and it is lovely. I wasnt aware 27k had been spent though.

its worth at least 15k stick it on ebay and put "modified s3 one of a kind/you wont find another one like it"

easy sale

27k :faint: test the water kev. If you don't get a bite keep it. ..... 27k jeeeeeesus. That's some love.

Nice looking car, but im afraid i dont like the yellow wheels. Just to much yellow imo.

I have just sold my S3, but i hadn't spent that much money on it!

Keep it :sly:

Yeh but you bought it from new :whistle2:

27k :faint:

Long time running Joe:thumbsup:

What you pay back then?

I got mine 'used' actually back in 2001, I surely must be the longest S3 owner on here @10 years ownership though!

Bought mine brand new back in err 2000! Still have the same one now :)

I'm not entirely sure how you can spend £27k on one, as mint as it is... Thats a lot of money, and must include fuel bills and servicing... :lmfao:

I'm not entirely sure how you can spend £27k on one, as mint as it is... Thats a lot of money, and must include fuel bills and servicing... :lmfao:
rough guess...
Well 5k to get it yellow plated..
2k interior
1.5k wheels
I think the engine is pretty standard ....
So must include road tax and screen wash too......

rough guess...
Well 5k to get it yellow plated..
2k interior
1.5k wheels
I think the engine is pretty standard ....
So must include road tax and screen wash too......

Think most of the cost will be down to the contrasting magic tree replacements throughout the yrs :whistle2:

Think most of the cost will be down to the contrasting magic tree replacements throughout the yrs :whistle2:

This is why I have gone to Cali car scents - you know it makes sense.. (that's not bad actually, might sell that to them!) I'm hoping to save a fortune over the lifetime of my driving, and have the smell of fresh cotton with me at all times...

This is why I have gone to Cali car scents - you know it makes sense.. (that's not bad actually, might sell that to them!) I'm hoping to save a fortune over the lifetime of my driving, and have the smell of fresh cotton with me at all times...
hmm Initial cost is dearer but i can see your point, they do them in yellow too...

hmm Initial cost is dearer but i can see your point, they do them in yellow too...

Cheeky can of yellow spray paint, and you can have any smell in yellow..
4 for £10 is not bad either, although I keep mine in my cup holder, so I have to move it when I have a can in the car, which is 1 downside

Cheeky can of yellow spray paint, and you can have any smell in yellow..
4 for £10 is not bad either, although I keep mine in my cup holder, so I have to move it when I have a can in the car, which is 1 downside

same place i keep mine we sell them at my work, my fav is the napi grape :)

Does the £27k include the car, or have you actually spent £27k on top Kev?

Including my car, I've spent £27k too! lol

this includes the purchase,

car 9k
retrim 3k
respray 2.5k
wheels, had about 5 sets
suspension stuff
brakes 1.3k
etc etc it all adds up theres stuff thats been done and is no longer on the car as its been upgraded since but in total the car owes me 27k its easy to get carried away and spend that sort of money this DOES NOT included service costs and air fresheners haha, checky gits!!

forget the amount of money spent though thats not my concern tbh as many of my mates have nothing to show for all the money they waste weekend after weekend...

go buy fast car or golf + and read up on my spec then add it all up lol

Will you have the grape air freshener with you at ADI, as I might have a smell of it if you do.

Personally I'm more of a bubble gum ( not sure of the real name, I'm sat in the octi atm) type of guy and it's almost blue so I see mahoosive savings there. Solly I would also be interested in smelling your grapes at ADI :lmfao:

However I store mine under the handbreak as the cup holder is for cups:asskicking:

Personally I'm more of a bubble gum ( not sure of the real name, I'm sat in the octi atm) type of guy and it's almost blue so I see mahoosive savings there. Solly I would also be interested in smelling your grapes at ADI :lmfao:

However I store mine under the handbreak as the cup holder is for cups:asskicking:

Under the handbrake, mine moves about, although you do drive like a faggot... I don't like drinking a lot in my car, so the face that the tin sits in is a brucie bonus..

As long as you don't get solly to stick his grapes in your bubble gum (cockney rhyming slang it!), you'll be alright

this includes the purchase,

car 9k
retrim 3k
respray 2.5k
wheels, had about 5 sets
suspension stuff
brakes 1.3k
etc etc it all adds up theres stuff thats been done and is no longer on the car as its been upgraded since but in total the car owes me 27k its easy to get carried away and spend that sort of money this DOES NOT included service costs and air fresheners haha, checky gits!!

forget the amount of money spent though thats not my concern tbh as many of my mates have nothing to show for all the money they waste weekend after weekend...

go buy fast car or golf + and read up on my spec then add it all up lol

The car doesn't really owe you £27k though does it?

5 set of wheels also, you can't factor in depreciation of wheels just because you chop and change it so often neither, my Passat has had 7 sets of wheels over 10 years and 100k miles, how much does that owe me? lol

I guess what it comes down to is £27k over how much time? Was it worth it??

Sell it if your fed up with it, you will not get 10k. Although there's no point in keeping it for the sale of keeping it because it owes you so much money, end of the day that money's gone, so if your no longer bothered about it, sell up.

Sell it if your fed up with it, you will not get 10k. Although there's no point in keeping it for the sale of keeping it because it owes you so much money, end of the day that money's gone, so if your no longer bothered about it, sell up.
this is how my trail of thought was/has been except the loss of money isnt the factor its more the amount of money it would save me by selling it..keeping it does mean more money will be piled into it.. im not bored of the car i love it and driving it is soooo much fun but i keep looking at other cars and dreaming, taking the fact the money would be ideal at the mo as when i say decorating its not a case of leaving the house and doing it as and when either my house is mid way through a conversion from comercial property to residential so everything is new and the works have to be done its not a case of leaving stuff :( im a worrier and i guess i see money tied up in a car that has little use these days.. if i ride the storm and get the house done selling the car will be a thought of the past :)