Back in an S3 :)

Nah i dont think so it was one of the paint schemes available on the S3. My car came with the original sales brochure so i can see the colour choices on the back page.

When i was polishing it last weekend if you looked at the front it had a really deep blue and you can see metallic flakes but as you move to the side it really turns a purpleish colour in the sunlight. If you look at the pics i posted you can kinda see this on the side shots as the one from the front looks alot more purple than the shot taken from the rear.

Never really saw a ming blue one until i bought this one and gotta say i really like it as i kinda wanted a noggy blue one but am more than happy with my choice concidering when buying secondhand getting a certain colour can be really difficult.

only had the car a week so dont think i will start tracking it yet lol. Gonna enjoy it driving round and tinkering with it first.

Had a quick browse thru the 8P forum and saw your thread where you were selling the 8L and moving ot the 8P. I did concider it but just cant afford one right now infact i managed to sell my A4 for more than i bought the S3 for so have a few pennies in the bank now!

Looks like your enjoying the car did you get one with the DSG box if so how you finding it?

Well i'll only be going to pull up and polish :) get ya **** down there!! lol

I love it mate, best move i ever made, mapped its virtually untouchable... I cant honestly see why people bother with stage 2....wanted a DSG but went with manual in the end as found a decent priced car and couldnt warrant to extra expediture given the scenario/price for a fully specced 'older' one.

Its defo one of the cars i want in the future and if i can keep this one for a few years and wait for the prices of the 8P to come down a bit then its on the cards.

i think i would like a DSG one as my last car was an auto which was nice not having a clutch pedal etc for traffic but missed being able to change gears when i wanted to.

Once i have settled in my car for a few months i will defo try to make one of the meets your heading to as we be good to finally meet and you can give me a spin in your car :)

Ok ok Timbo, we get it, the 8P has some depreciation to do first 5k for 08-09 cars :)

Well i'll only be going to pull up and polish :) get ya **** down there!! lol

I love it mate, best move i ever made, mapped its virtually untouchable... I cant honestly see why people bother with stage 2....wanted a DSG but went with manual in the end as found a decent priced car and couldnt warrant to extra expediture given the scenario/price for a fully specced 'older' one.

Its defo one of the cars i want in the future and if i can keep this one for a few years and wait for the prices of the 8P to come down a bit then its on the cards.

i think i would like a DSG one as my last car was an auto which was nice not having a clutch pedal etc for traffic but missed being able to change gears when i wanted to.

Once i have settled in my car for a few months i will defo try to make one of the meets your heading to as we be good to finally meet and you can give me a spin in your car :)

That was my concern mate, DSG is great but most admit they dont use the paddles that often..... unfortunately you wont see this one mate, swapping it for a C6 A6 Avant 3.0 TDi shortly, two big dogs n all.....not to mention losing 2k since Feb in depreciation (annoying me)...... well mentioned Finny boy :)

This is what i bought and for the money am very pleased with the results eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Many thanks mate! Just ordered some! Youve got a gorgeous car! Looks mint! I'm keeping an eye on your rns-e thread ;) just did the 8p gearknob today! Looks miles better! Should put that on your wishlist I you Havnt done it already! :D

Many thanks mate! Just ordered some! Youve got a gorgeous car! Looks mint! I'm keeping an eye on your rns-e thread ;) just did the 8p gearknob today! Looks miles better! Should put that on your wishlist I you Havnt done it already! :D

Pics? Not seen one on a prefacelift dash.

Cheers for the compliment :)

No probs Bud, for the price those blades work really well too perfect sweep no smears and no noise. Plus look loads better than the old style ones.

Not done any interior mods the first one will be the RNS-E any others will have to wait till my bank balance catches up a bit as have overspent a bit more than i expected already lol will see what sort of money those 8P gearknobs are going for and add one to my wishlist.

Pics? Not seen one on a prefacelift dash.

photo10pg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo11wz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo12ae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo13yp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo14w.jpg
[/URL]

There you go! :)

Im just waiting on the post to come for those blades! Well excited! I know what you mean mate, i spent a shed loads this month so ive gotta stop shopping on this car! The GF is getting jealous haha!

photo10pg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo11wz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo12ae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo13yp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo14w.jpg
[/URL]

There you go! :)

Im just waiting on the post to come for those blades! Well excited! I know what you mean mate, i spent a shed loads this month so ive gotta stop shopping on this car! The GF is getting jealous haha!

Looks darn smart, guess I better start looking for one! lol

wonder if the white DIS would be interchangable.....pedals are same as 8L ones IIRC, apart from the accelerator obviously

Gops, how much did the gear knob set you back?

B*llocks Timothy haha.

I have been a busy boy, need to update my build thread, just shame some gits keyed the damn thing.

I also notice that mine has white stitching where as the other chaps is red? pre facelift red perhaps?

B*llocks Timothy haha.

I have been a busy boy, need to update my build thread, just shame some gits keyed the damn thing.

yup just seen dude, absolute ********

I also notice that mine has white stitching where as the other chaps is red? pre facelift red perhaps?

Interesting, I have the silver leather, white stitching would look better! I also have the pedals and a remap, but the OEM prefacelift gearknob just looks **** to the bling 8P one.

Well their are 2 options for white or red stitching, part numbers around here for the white one.

Dont forget theres the option gear knob..... this was already fitted to my 8L

P1020019.jpg

Okay Okay stop posting pics of shiney things that i now want!

Ooh i can imagine it can stick to the sides when cold :) haha.

That gear knob above (billet one), isn't that the limited edition on that came out 2004-2007 on the A3 8P's?

Cost me around 93 quid dani! pretty expensive and im sure you can get it cheaper off ebay but i went straight into the stealers for it. Took around 2 weeks to come though due to a backlog apparently! Part no is V8P0 863 278 CC SZM. The red stiching is the optional isnt it tim? Not entirely sure though but looks nice against my ambient lighting!

That gear knob above (billet one), isn't that the limited edition on that came out 2004-2007 on the A3 8P's?

Naaa it was an optional extra on the 8L mate

Cost me around 93 quid dani! pretty expensive and im sure you can get it cheaper off ebay but i went straight into the stealers for it. Took around 2 weeks to come though due to a backlog apparently! Part no is V8P0 863 278 CC SZM. The red stiching is the optional isnt it tim? Not entirely sure though but looks nice against my ambient lighting!

No idea fella..... its not on the options list but may be trim specific or pre facelift, the pre's had red dash's etc whereas the post F/L 8P's have white DIS etc etc so it would be a good assumption the stitching would be white