AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

a3/s3 stainless manifold ???

hi ive got a a3 8l 1.6, does anyone know where i can buy a stainless exhaust manifold from?

is the s3 manifold the same fitment as the a3?

cheers guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    s3 exhaust manifold is different. a3 1.8t is different also i believe.

You would need an aftermarket one. Not much point though as the gains will be minimal

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

6th Gear

Status
    Well yeah it would be different from a turbo engine to an n/a.. I very much doubt one was ever produced as the 1.6 was never a car that was modded to be honest so companies wouldnt have bothered developing much at all. Everything will probably have to be custom.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    stick a cone on it and backbox. Will sound alright then at least.

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    A lot of 1.6 A3 owners ask these types of questions and sadly the answer is and probably always will be the same... drive it around until you can afford to buy and insure a 1.8t and tune that...

The N/A's are just not worth the expense and bother and as Jason has already said, there isn't that much of a market for this engine so parts will be limited...

To pre-empt further 'tuning' questions... engine swaps to a 1.8t and supercharging has been discussed but doing this on a 1.6 A3 is never cheap and the running gear on a 1.6 is different to that of 1.8t's so to change the brakes and stuff you will almost need most of a 1.8t to do this type of conversion...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    To pre-empt further 'tuning' questions... engine swaps to a 1.8t and supercharging has been discussed but doing this on a 1.6 A3 is never cheap and the running gear on a 1.6 is different to that of 1.8t's so to change the brakes and stuff you will almost need most of a 1.8t to do this type of conversion...
    This.

Maybe it's worth making a thread and stickying it for 1.6 "tuning" questions.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST