Reaction score
Trying to decide what colour to paint the calipers
red
silver
orange
Yellow
Green
blue

Have painted 1 caliper red, and another one chrome, which was surprisingly nice looking

If anybody with the above coloured calipers could post pics, that would be great

thanks
Alan

i got my 6 pots to do... black car but was thinking white

impossible to keep clean, would imagine the same prob with yellow:puke:

I know it's not on your list but black can work well and easy to keep cleen.

Car is black, and black calipers just dont make it onto my list. Unless they are brembos with a dirty big white brembo sticker. But, they could look neat if they were a high gloss.

Personally if Yr running STD breaks I'd go black or silver. Let's face it there ain't much to shout about and run the risk of looking tacky.

mine are red on standard brakes n most people think ive got something else. looks nicer hidden behind the wheel. But people dont often look too much at the brakes more so whats in front of them.

S3 brakes are on the way so will paint those too. This time im going blue. (r32 colour)

If I see colour hidden behind the rims I wanna check it out. Each to their own I guess, And that's how it should be. I just don't think the std's are anything to look at.
When I do the breaks I'm probably going "in Yr face bright orange, look peeeps I got brembo's" haha;)

If I see colour hidden behind the rims I wanna check it out. Each to their own I guess, And that's how it should be. I just don't think the std's are anything to look at.
When I do the breaks I'm probably going "in Yr face bright orange, look peeeps I got brembo's" haha;)

haha fair play.

Must admit thought dave r32 blue does look nice :thumbsup:

I'll post a picture of the chrome that I tried, see what you think

Not great pics, gloss black.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

Last edited:
No offence, but that's the black ruled out. I suppose it's because I want them to stand out a bit. Especially behind
Avus 5 spokes. Looks cool when your driving along. Sad, I know.

But look nice and clean when moving :thumbsup:

No offence taken mate :icon_thumright: black is OEM+ and like you said you're after something that stands out, guess red always works.

Here's mine (they look a lot darker now):

img2011072600230.jpg

Likin the blue. My mates vex has the same colour, looks well

Subtles best.

Silver car, Silver brembo's.
s4.jpg

Reactions: Splab333
Saw a car on the motorway earlier with the callipers painted yellow, looked brilliant, and on a black car also.
Might be swaying that colour or red.
At least I'm narrowing it down

Mintys3, how much is your car lowered.
Looks well

well, decided to go with yellow, and i think it looks good. All opinion are welcome, good or bad, iv thick skin!
IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

i'm aware that polished calipers would require a lot of upkeep to maintain the shine and finish (unless lacquered?) but i can imagine that looking pretty cool on the motorway with the sun glaring off them behind some black wheels

black OR antracite, only got them refurbed 2 weeks ago and wont be getting them done again untill SHE gets her kitchen hands on it!

Yellow looks good but if you wana stay oem then go for silver

they look good in yellow mate, did you paint them on the car or remove them??? did you do the back as well or just the front?

Painted on the car, wouldn't have a bogs notion how to take them off.
Only done the fronts, rears next week. Might get the S3 badges with the yellow instead of red now

Ummmhh, would be nice with yellow calipers. Swap my left over paint for some of the leftover airfix glue.

Mine were yellow as my car is yellow, but I've just painted them white as didn't have any yellow paint left. Thought it would look good which it does :D

i just seen a cracker colour marine blue,think it would look good on my motor

Subtles best.

Silver car, Silver brembo's.
s4.jpg

One of the best / nicest S3s i've seen!
I have silver paint waiting to go on my calipers next week when I sort the refund out from getting screwed on ebay!
I'm totally jealous of your wheels too, I had the exact same ones on my MK2 Golf but 4 stud fitment, I'm gutted that I can't fit them to my S3! Sorry to go off topic but how much is this lowered by?

what colour were they on brand new S3s back in the day?