Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

S3 1st gear problem and strange noise....

hi im wondering if any one can help me here...i recently purchased a 02 s3 225bhp and within a week of owning the car im hearing strange noises when i come off and on the accelerator, ive had a look under the car and the engine mount bracket that secures to the subframe is missing one bolt or has sheared and the remainder of the bolt is still in the hole. i was thinking this is what could be causing the noise??. also when moving off in first gear if ur using anymore than 2000rpm as soon the car starts to move the revs die back down to idle along with a deep throaty noise coming from the gear box has anyone gt any ideas? would appreciate any suggestions
    thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Mmm does it whine when you set off in 1st? As regards to the engine mount bracket, its probably that if your on and off the throttle, but since a bolt is missing your better off changing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

1st Gear

Status
    no it doesnt whine, you dont hear anything if you pull away gently at about 1000-1500 revs but as soon as you go above that its as if the clutch assembly is sucking all the power out of the car. ive pulled away at 3000 revs and lifted the clutch but it dips back down to 1000 complete with an odd sounding noise. works fine through every other gear theres n slip or anything.