Need RS4 Help :(

rickparmar

Reaction score
OK as most of you know i need 1 RS4 Rep as my other one got totaled

Wheel mania said 2 weeks so i waited, now the ones they have are a bit different to the one i have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and he goes they have change supplier so can not get the old for me

What do i do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OK as most of you know i need 1 RS4 Rep as my other one got totaled

Wheel mania said 2 weeks so i waited, now the ones they have are a bit different to the one i have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and he goes they have change supplier so can not get the old for me

What do i do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

different in what way?

perhaps look on ebay and see if anyone selling a set similar to yours and buy one off them? Or ask wheelmani who the old supplier was so you can contact direct and find one of their current sellers.

On each leg theres a groove which goes all the way round on each leg like a triangle

sorry if i have lost you

On mine it stops half way (he goes mine are the old types)

rs4's has the groove that goes half way down, rstt have the groove that goes all the way round , hope that helps

Whats the difference with rs4 and rstt, i thought they were the same

But still the problem is i need a RS4 with half the groove lol

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the difference with rs4 and rstt, i thought they were the same

But still the problem is i need a RS4 with half the groove lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick you have RS4's where the groove stops half wat down the spoke, RSTT's are where the groove goes all the was round the lips of the spoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

o i c,

audi TT have RSTT then yeah, because i thought mine were proper fake and dodgy because groove half way down,

so i checked all these TT's out and they had groove all the way round

I still need a RS4 lol

Bare in mind Rick, that most alloy shops just want to sell alloys, and refer to the RSTT's as RS4's - same thing in their book! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

yea your right jojo

wheel mania did that 2 me

he wants me 2 keep my 3 RS4 on the car and put the RSTT on as the 4th

he goes know 1 will no

lol

i will tho

i still dont agree... OEM wheels were all in 18" and had the groove all the way round for the RSTT and the RS4.

the replicas have the groove half way round but some really good replicas have the groove all the way round.

hands up if im wrong but im 95% sure thats the case

[ QUOTE ]
i still dont agree... OEM wheels were all in 18" and had the groove all the way round for the RSTT and the RS4.

the replicas have the groove half way round but some really good replicas have the groove all the way round.

hands up if im wrong but im 95% sure thats the case

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, I see where you are coming from now Jedi(the force is strong in this one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), the key word here is OEM! Proper RS4 wheels(the genuine article I'm on about here) have the groove that goes down half way on the spokes, these wheels were then used to make the 1st generation of replica RS4 wheels. Then Audi came along with the TT S-Line which came with the 18" RSTT wheels (groove all the way round), which having the same stud pattern as the A3 and were made an optional extra for S3 owners, so anyone with OEM 18" wheels on their S3 should have the groove which goes all the way round(RSTT wheels!).
Now if you are still with me, there are a few companies out there making replica wheels, some obviously took the pattern from the RS4's and some from the RSTT's, hence we have both types available.
Got that off my chest then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

For those of you who doesn't know what we are on about.
RS4: Notice thr groove only goes down halfway on the spokes
rs4.jpg

RSTT: Groove goes all the way round.
155.jpg

ok i still need a RS4 lol

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif