EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

what can I do to the performance for my tdi 130

I wanted to know what can I do to maximize the performance of my audi a3 1.9 tdi 130 8l?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    How much did you want to spend?

A remap on the pd130 engine should see about 160-170bhp, the biggest improvement is mid range torque.

I did a write up years ago when I had my tdi mapped at SuperChips which might be worth a read. There also used to be a diesel sub forum but I can't seem to find it (on my phone at the moment)
    S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8's & Eibach Springs, Neuspeed ARB's (22mm front & 19mm rear).

Badger 5's Machined Discs with DS2500 pads & HEL braided lines.

6th Gear

Status
    Loads you can do to these engines. Loads of my mates have them all at around 200bhp and one in an Ibiza with 250bhp which can do a 13.1 at Santa Pod.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    remap, fmic, decat, catback exhaust dunno what else off the top of my head.

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

6th Gear

Status
    Panel filter, hybrid turbo, EGR delete

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Money dosent matter I have already looked at gettin it remapped milltek exhaust, with a big bore downpipe, eibachi springs and panel filter just wondered what else I could do like front mount intercooler or better jets and stuff?

Thanks again

ptr
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyhutchinson43 View Post
    Money dosent matter
    Not being funny but if that's the case then why not get an S3 instead of spending money making a diesel fast?

Reverse Gear

Status
    because iv only just passed and this is the only car thats worth insuring, i dont mind spending money on something with benefits but insurance is 3g as it is and dnt really get much fruit from that tree, plus am not even sure if anyone would insure me

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    Have you got the car yet? If not look at getting a Quattro. They're much rarer and more expensive, but the insurnace was much cheaper for me at least than a standard PD130.

As for performance you'll be limited to about 220 crank hp on stock injectors. You'll probably see 200chp on a hybrid turbo, a lot of people overestimate the figures.

If you go looking for big power you can get 260+ with injector nozzles, and GT2260. Add an FMIC, EGR delete to keep breather system clean, straight through exhaust and a decent map. Also budget for an uprated clutch and a new flywheel or SMF conversion.

260hp will cost £2k at least.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

Status
    Whilst the S3 insurance might be high, I don't imagine your smoker will be much cheaper to insure when modified given your recent test pass date (assuming you declare the mods). Any modifications in the first few years are likely to either be declined by some insurers, or caned by others.

Half the insurance companies I would choose to use won't touch mods at all (and I'm 38 with 9 years NCB). Get some quotes before you do the work just incase.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

ptr
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyhutchinson43 View Post
    because iv only just passed and this is the only car thats worth insuring, i dont mind spending money on something with benefits but insurance is 3g as it is and dnt really get much fruit from that tree, plus am not even sure if anyone would insure me
    A modified diesel will likely cost more to insure than a stock S3 and not declaring your mods will invalidate your insurance. You could just get the TDI remapped? Doubt insurers would ever check that in the case of an accident, but don't rely on it.

I reckon you're best buying a 1.6 A3 or similar run around, waiting a year or two until you've got some NCBs and then buying something a lot more punchy Either way, congrats on passing your test and welcome to the world of motoring!