Ultimate Servicing Parts guide for a 1.8t 150bhp A3 8L

nealb

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm New to this site and coming from a lupo to a 1.8T a big boy step I want to put the best parts in it to keep it tip top so if anyone can add knowledge of parts they used i.e oil filters, spark plugs, air filters, oil, when they serviced theres and if anyone has had any bad experiences of parts please add :)
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Many Thanks
Neal

IMO you cant beat OEM for filters etc, oil I tend to use synta gold, but i think its called platinum now from the vw dealers as audi stopped stocking it, as for plugs i allways use OEM but iirc some members on here use iridium type, im sure a search will show the exact type.

thanks bud, cheers for that so you dont rate bosch, or ngk for sparks?

If you buy from Euro Car Parts look here for potential vouchers for 25% off! The did have a 30% off too...

Hero cheers dude hsame all the parts I need are out of stock :( have to use my halfrauds trade card i guess

Oil filter, Audi seem to have that covered. Oil wise, I'd go for the best you can afford, a lot of people recommend whatever Audi use but personally I use Gulf Competition 5W40. Spark plugs, I think people upgrade to Denso Iridium? Someone will no doubt confirm. Air filter depends on if you want to keep the panel filter, if so, an upgraded panel filter is fine i.e. pipercross etc. Or if you want to gain a couple of BHP you could upgrade to a Jetex cone filter from Bill (badger5)

Oil filter, Audi seem to have that covered. Oil wise, I'd go for the best you can afford, a lot of people recommend whatever Audi use but personally I use Gulf Competition 5W40. Spark plugs, I think people upgrade to Denso Iridium? Someone will no doubt confirm. Air filter depends on if you want to keep the panel filter, if so, an upgraded panel filter is fine i.e. pipercross etc. Or if you want to gain a couple of BHP you could upgrade to a Jetex cone filter from Bill (badger5)

Denso's? good god no!!!!

NGK's all day long... (or Audi ones of course which IIRC are NGK anyway) try Sparkplugs UK NGK Champion Denso Sparkplug, Glowplug and Lambda Sensors

<tuffty/>