Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Ultimate Servicing Parts guide for a 1.8t 150bhp A3 8L

Hey guys, I'm New to this site and coming from a lupo to a 1.8T a big boy step I want to put the best parts in it to keep it tip top so if anyone can add knowledge of parts they used i.e oil filters, spark plugs, air filters, oil, when they serviced theres and if anyone has had any bad experiences of parts please add
    Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Many Thanks
    Neal

2. # ADS
    ADS

needs to scratch the itch

Status
    IMO you cant beat OEM for filters etc, oil I tend to use synta gold, but i think its called platinum now from the vw dealers as audi stopped stocking it, as for plugs i allways use OEM but iirc some members on here use iridium type, im sure a search will show the exact type.

Neutral

Status
    thanks bud, cheers for that so you dont rate bosch, or ngk for sparks?

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    If you buy from Euro Car Parts look here for potential vouchers for 25% off! The did have a 30% off too...
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

Neutral

Status
    Hero cheers dude hsame all the parts I need are out of stock have to use my halfrauds trade card i guess

Neutral

Status
    Oil filter, Audi seem to have that covered. Oil wise, I'd go for the best you can afford, a lot of people recommend whatever Audi use but personally I use Gulf Competition 5W40. Spark plugs, I think people upgrade to Denso Iridium? Someone will no doubt confirm. Air filter depends on if you want to keep the panel filter, if so, an upgraded panel filter is fine i.e. pipercross etc. Or if you want to gain a couple of BHP you could upgrade to a Jetex cone filter from Bill (badger5)
    '98 Audi A3 (8L) 1.8T Yellow
    K03s turbo - Forge 007p - AMD remap - Milltek exhaust - Eibach springs - 18" TT Quattro Sport alloys
    VAG-COM says 176.18 g/s (220bhp)

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcyy View Post
    Oil filter, Audi seem to have that covered. Oil wise, I'd go for the best you can afford, a lot of people recommend whatever Audi use but personally I use Gulf Competition 5W40. Spark plugs, I think people upgrade to Denso Iridium? Someone will no doubt confirm. Air filter depends on if you want to keep the panel filter, if so, an upgraded panel filter is fine i.e. pipercross etc. Or if you want to gain a couple of BHP you could upgrade to a Jetex cone filter from Bill (badger5)
    Denso's? good god no!!!!

NGK's all day long... (or Audi ones of course which IIRC are NGK anyway) try Sparkplugs UK NGK Champion Denso Sparkplug, Glowplug and Lambda Sensors

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Denso's? good god no!!!!

NGK's all day long... (or Audi ones of course which IIRC are NGK anyway) try Sparkplugs UK NGK Champion Denso Sparkplug, Glowplug and Lambda Sensors

<tuffty/>
    Haha I knew it was either NGK or Denso
    '98 Audi A3 (8L) 1.8T Yellow
    K03s turbo - Forge 007p - AMD remap - Milltek exhaust - Eibach springs - 18" TT Quattro Sport alloys
    VAG-COM says 176.18 g/s (220bhp)