LCR front splitter, Buying and fitting advice...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
After about 4 years of trying to decide if i liked the LCR spliter fitted to an S3 ive decided... what the hell.
Is the correct item from a specific year car? Should i buy from the dealers?
Is it an easy fit?
I remember "animal" i think it was said to get it to fit correctly some shaving was required?

The part number of the part is;

1ML 805 903

There are a few guides on here how to do it. You do have to trim down the two centre posts of the splitter. Not a difficult job, just take down a tiny bit at a time until you get the desired height. You can always take a bit more off, but ya can't put it back :)

As above dude. Might as well get it from the stealers @ £32
You'll need to trim the back edges once fitted so it meets flush with that little mud flap like thingi on the arch front edge.
Don't use screw either or at some point you'll rip the ting off.
M4/M5 bolts and 2p washers with nilon nuts will do nicely.
Nice easy mod that only takes half an hour.

ye its an easy mod and looks well, you do need to trin the clips off and the ends as its too lon but as said it is an easy mod,

unlike damo said I did just use screws all the way around, its held on well but if you do stuff it into a cerb you need to get the screwdriver out and screw the screw back up and it hold fine.

worth it imo, ebay and awesome charge a fortune, i went to a seat dealership and that was the best price for me.

oh ye, i used screws incase i hit it off a kerb, i can just re-screw and it wont rip the whole bumper off.