Please help a lady in need!

babablacksheep

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Please can someone help me?! I have an Audi A3 1.6 2002. A while ago, the engine light came one, I checked for codes on a hand held diagnostic tool and it came back with problems relating to the Lambda Sensor. I changed the sensor and cleared the codes, but after a while the engine light came back on. I've cleaned out the EGR valve but it's still running rich. Could it be something to o with a temperature sensor, the ECU thinks the engine is cold so it's constantly running on choke? Its also idling at about 800 and hunts.

And another....

The traction control light started coming on without me pressing the ESP button. Now its on constantly. I took all four wheels off and cleaned all round the hub and sensors as there was dirt all round them, could it bee I need to replace the wheel sensors?

Please help me! Argh!

If you can get it scanned using Vagcom and make a note of the fault codes we can point you in a better direction :)

The temperature sensor could be the culprit, as could the fuel temperature sensor. Bothe cheap enough to change.

The ESP light could be a faulty ABS pump. This was a common VAG problem and particularly on Golfs. I've changed about 6 over the last couple of years at work.

As mentioned above, a VCDS scan would be the first step.

MAF can cause it to run ruch and to stuff the esp light on.

Probably try and see if it runs better with MAF unplugged, the light will stay on, but the mixture should be better if the MAF is sending a bad signal

Brilliant title, must remember to use that myself for some prompt responses!

Agreed with Byzan, try running without MAF plugged in first of all. As for the traction control light - try the fuse box first of all, then do a VCDS check.