FINALLY! Got an S3!!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Some of you may know that i've been on here for quite some time but have never actually owned an Audi! But as of friday I can proudly say i now am! Bought an APY S3 from jojo (as some may know already) and im loving it! Quick stats are -
  • CC stage 1 map
  • billies and H&R's
  • neuspeed ARB
  • forged tie arms
  • ALOT of service history!!
Looking through the reciepts i found in the manual, i added it up to be around £8674!! So im pretty happy! As some may know though, there is a haldex issue but im planning on taking it off the road at the end of this month to fix a few issues with it! Would like to do a few upgrades on it, but just thinking about the most important first.. any suggestions as to what i should look to do to it, please let me know! heres a few pics! :D

27697310.th.jpg

Reactions: Inertiauk
Hey Gops, how's she running? Annoyingly, I sold you a perfectly running one, and have one that won't start sitting in my garage! lol

I might need a bit more time to get the Haldex ECU off for you, so apologies.

Joe.

best of luck with the new motor, looks mint.

Looks like you got yourself a nice mint S3 dude.

sweet :yes: i'm jus waiting for mine, should hopefully have it within another few weeks

Thanks guys! Its a fab car until last night!! Some thefthing little **** took my indicator lamp!!! Unless it fell off which is highly unusual!! Ahh well just gotta get that from ebay, its only £16! Was thinking of getting the facelift headlamps but it looks abit of a job! Had a play with a focus ST. All i can say is it was plain sailing! lol.

Thanks guys! Its a fab car until last night!! Some thefthing little **** took my indicator lamp!!! Unless it fell off which is highly unusual!! Ahh well just gotta get that from ebay, its only £16! Was thinking of getting the facelift headlamps but it looks abit of a job! Had a play with a focus ST. All i can say is it was plain sailing! lol.

I hope you got the right one Gops, A3 ones don't fit S3's, and S3 ones are silly money from Audi! Also, they are secured from the inside by a spring clip thing, so not sure how they could have dropped off or pulled off even?

I hope you got the right one Gops, A3 ones don't fit S3's, and S3 ones are silly money from Audi! Also, they are secured from the inside by a spring clip thing, so not sure how they could have dropped off or pulled off even?

I havn't got them just yet, all the scrappys were closed today! Ohh really? Damn!! Well i was thinking of doing a facelift conversion in that case.. Was crossing my mind anyhow. I have no clue how it could of come out. The minute i seen it was when i came outside my mates house at 6am and found that it was gone.. but the bulb was still in it.. guess they dont like the amber style bulbs ey! And dont worry about taking off the haldex in a hurry! Get your car up and running first! Im in no rush to change it, the car is gonna be off the road for a few months so just do it when you have time joe. If you need any help mate, just call me!

Good call G

Thanks jase! :icon_thumright:

Yeah thats on my wish list! Lol! Just got some Genuine S3 facelift badges from Audi. apparently, my S3 isnt in the coilpack recall? anybody else get this?

Yeah thats on my wish list! Lol! Just got some Genuine S3 facelift badges from Audi. apparently, my S3 isnt in the coilpack recall? anybody else get this?

You don't need to worry about those mate, I used that S3 during the big freeze we had earlier this year, it's never failed to start!

Hey Gops, welcome to the family, you finally made it :)

I can vouch for the car, its sweet, as been in it and even driven it too....

If you are looking to do a facelift conversion, it maybe worth dropping Bhavin1986 a PM as he did it on his and he did a cracking job of it.

Actually do a search on here, im sure he did a write up....

We will have to get together for a meet sometime soon - you'll have to get Rav out as well mate.

Quick stats are -
  • CC stage 1 map
  • billies and H&R's
  • neuspeed ARB
  • forged tie arms
  • ALOT of service history!!

Gops, there's one more mod that you probably didn't even notice. The front interior light has the ambient lighting mod, it's just 2 LED's that fires downwards when you flick your headlights on at night.

J.

he did notice this jojo he has showed me. Very different map to revo mate.

Hey Gops, welcome to the family, you finally made it :)

I can vouch for the car, its sweet, as been in it and even driven it too....

If you are looking to do a facelift conversion, it maybe worth dropping Bhavin1986 a PM as he did it on his and he did a cracking job of it.

Actually do a search on here, im sure he did a write up....

We will have to get together for a meet sometime soon - you'll have to get Rav out as well mate.

Thanks Nilz! Its great to finally own a car like this!! Yeah im gonna search it up! Ive got some time to play with this car so im going to take my time and get it all right! Lol definately will bud :thumbsup:
Gops, there's one more mod that you probably didn't even notice. The front interior light has the ambient lighting mod, it's just 2 LED's that fires downwards when you flick your headlights on at night.

J.
Yeah i didnt notice until i poked around the car.. ****** love that ambient lighting! Looks soo cool! Btw joe, when you getting your badger 5 tip? will it be better then the forge one? Looking into that one, and a 3" DP!

he did notice this jojo he has showed me. Very different map to revo mate.

Have to admit the CC stage1 does pull very nicely, especially low down, better than my AMD stage1 anyways, not sure how much the Forge TIP helps it along, but it make a difference.

Yeah i didnt notice until i poked around the car.. ****** love that ambient lighting! Looks soo cool! Btw joe, when you getting your badger 5 tip? will it be better then the forge one? Looking into that one, and a 3" DP!

When I get it ****** started! lol