a few bits done

Buzzer

Reaction score
Got my wheels refurbished , new tyres and a LCR front splitter!
4 x falken 452 tyres, previous owner had 3 different brand budget tyres on.
Also getting eibach lowering springs fitted during the week
004.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

wheels001.jpg

Looks good Buzzer how does your car feel with the eibach springs if you don't mind me asking?

Looking great there Buz how long did it take you to fit the splitter and was it straight forward or was there cutting involved.

Thanks, Chris.

Thanks guys, not getting the eibachs fitted till during the week, but we post up here asap when fitted
The splitter took 30 minutes to fit, a little bit of chopping, the 2 small plastic clips in the middle and when fitted, the ends which were a tad too long, easy peasy though

No need to remove the bumper, jacked the car up on one side at a time and worked away

Why have you got one silver and one red front calliper lol :)

didnt know what colour to go with, so tried both, and decided on .........green! will have done next week. well spotted SiGainey.

Fitting LCR splitter - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forumight help.

Thanks guys, not getting the eibachs fitted till during the week, but we post up here asap when fitted
The splitter took 30 minutes to fit, a little bit of chopping, the 2 small plastic clips in the middle and when fitted, the ends which were a tad too long, easy peasy though

Aye that would be good to see pictures of your car lowered are you needing to use tie bars?

Tie bars ? screwing a piece of plastic to a bumper is tops for me, springs are being fitted by somebody else, so whats the crack with tie bars?
thanks for the education.:icon_thumright:

I think when you lower an S3 you have to get adjustable tie bars as when you lower the car it alters the camber i'm not sure about but iv looked up the price of adjustable tie bars and they are over £200!!!

I think when you lower an S3 you have to get adjustable tie bars as when you lower the car it alters the camber i'm not sure about but iv looked up the price of adjustable tie bars and they are over £200!!!

S3Dave does custom ones there the ones to have.

S3Dave does custom ones there the ones to have.
B******s......:banghead: Just spent 250 on a set of these, how much does s3dave do his for?........ seconed thoughts dont tell me :Flush:

You can have the mirrors for 6500 euros and i'll throw in the rest of the car free,lol

Looks nice and clean mate, the only thing it is missing is some spacers for the rear to make your wheels fill the arches, other than that good work. it will look miles better when lower.

SAM_0653.jpg
SAM_0654.jpg

Right, a busy few days#
Got a diesel red dogbone fitted, best bang for buck so far
Finally got my Eibach lowering springs fitted, handling greatly improved and well reccomended, and does not look like a 4x4 as quoted by some insensitve fceker before, only getting over that after 2k of therapy.
H&R 15mm spacers on the rear, not too happy with them , so supplier is changing for 20mm next week, happy days!
S3 coming together nicely, just badger tip, n249 and remap and divorce next.
Any good or bad comments welcome, i was lying about the bad ones!

Like me,You also have the reverse sensors, not many around in these parts. Original owner of mine was confirmed a female!lol

anything else you guys can think of doing to the car, after the remap that is a good mod, but fairly cheap.:icon_thumright:

Short shifter? I've fitted a MK4 R32 one to mine, keeps it feeling OE but it's a little bit shorter (but not as short as aftermarket ones), and its only about £25.

Short shifter? I've fitted a MK4 R32 one to mine, keeps it feeling OE but it's a little bit shorter (but not as short as aftermarket ones), and its only about £25.

Excellent, are they easy to fit? might be a good mod with the 8p gearknob

Apparently they are but I got mine fitted at its annual service. I was only charged about £20 so it can't be that hard. Its visible as soon as you open the bonnet.

Think lcr splitter is next for me changes the look completely

For €30, easy fit and looks the dogs.

Mate your car looks good lowered i'll try and do the same to mine in the next few months!

If it helps, this is ET15 front and ET20 rear with 18x8.5s...

IMG_0457_small.jpg

Old image (has aero wipers now) but fill those arches ;) It's quite close but doesn't catch.

looks good im keeping standard wheels also better handling and less weight im gunna spray mine dark grey and slam on coilovers let me know how the 20mm spacers go as gunna buy some myself , great looking clean car BTW

Well mine never came with the 17s but the CH's are meant to be pretty light and were certainly lighter than the the old 18" S8 wheels. I've also read the car handles better on 18s but I've not experienced this first hand. When you say "slam it on coilovers" then it hardly matters whether you have 17s on 18s as it's not going to handle if you run it on the floor anyway. You can also wave goodbye to your sump!

Cars looking great but you should go for the 18" RSTTs imo, they do improve the look of the car.

Mine has parking sensors and the original owner was a womem :whistle2: