S3 8L Facelift Xenon - Swapped for a new one - Problems!

marcuss3

Reaction score
I spent yesterday afternoon swapping my n/s Xenon for a 'new' replacement from eBay.

The old one's beam was pointing down and to the centre, it had the symptoms of a broken adjuster - I think. Anyway, swapped it with the replacement and the HID isn't working, I swapped the bulbs over and still not working. Checked the fuse, it was ok. All I can think of is that the ballast/igniter is knackered on the replacement. I tried swapping over the ballast, but I couldn't get the HV plug out of the replacement, it would only just come out of the existing one. The main beam assembly seems to sit slightly further forward on the existing one allowing the HV plug to come out.

Also, I noticed the replacement unit was jutting out about 1cm where it should be flush . When I refitted the old one, I have the same problem?!?! Really confused. I tried fiddling around with it, bit it doesn't seem to want to fit any other way!

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, I'm going to contact the seller on eBay for a refund for the headlamp as the ballast is knackered.