s3 seats

dubber dude

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me where the fuse is for the front seats of my 2002 s3 ?? ive lost power to both front seats !!! ive checked the fuse compartment and there doesnt seem to be a seat fuse !! plus none aint blown !!! thx in advance

whats the problem with them or is it one.

absolutely nothing !!! on both seats, they was workin last nite as the missus got in the passenger side and moved the seat !!! now there is just nothing ive looked for a blown fuse in the fuse compartment but nowt !!! none blown.

I know there are 3 fuses on top of the battery tray, one is aircon and ones for the fans, not sure what the other is for but I think there all brown. If the fuse has a hairline split you wont see it, so it maybe worth testing all the one's your not sure of.

haha yea i knew that, ive only had the car 5 yrs !! but i dont drive it much as the missus uses it, im too far from the steering the too close to the pedals..lol, ive just been out to it and run a feed direct from the battery and they adjust !!! so to me thats got to be the feed to them, ive adjusted them to suit but need to find the fuse as ifeel thats where the problem lies !!!!, cheers

haha yea i knew that, ive only had the car 5 yrs !! but i dont drive it much as the missus uses it, im too far from the steering the too close to the pedals..lol, ive just been out to it and run a feed direct from the battery and they adjust !!! so to me thats got to be the feed to them, ive adjusted them to suit but need to find the fuse as ifeel thats where the problem lies !!!!, cheers

Just looked in the manual dude, page 186 it states. "The electric windows and electric seat adjusters are protected by circuit breakers. These reset automatically after a few seconds when the overload (caused for example by frozen windows) has been corrected." So seems like you need to look for those maybe there at the back of the fusebox with the relays. Have you made sure nothing is stuck somewhere jamming the motor from moving, just a thought. Have a look at the back of the fusebox to see if there is anything there that could have burned out.

Chris.

cheers chris, i did see that i dont know if its just the heated mirror that works off the that as the mirrors themselve work ok, i will have a look behind the fuse box like u say, thx for takein the time to have a look chris, cheers

cheers chris, i did see that i dont know if its just the heated mirror that works off the that as the mirrors themselve work ok, i will have a look behind the fuse box like u say, thx for takein the time to have a look chris, cheers

No worries dude its what this forum is all about, we all try and help each other :icon_thumright:

Reactions: dubber dude
i took the fusebox out chris, all i could see was a few relays at the top of the pedal box but couldnt get to them !! dont suppose if anyone knows if these are related to the seat !!

just for the record guys, i finally found the fuse for the seats, its in the drivers footwell 1 single fuse i had to drop the bottom of the dash to get at it !!! done my head in but now sorted cheers for all advice

only just seen this if i had seen it a few weeks back i would of told you as i had a nightmare when my fuse blew on me

Reactions: dubber dude