S3 query

Reesy

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I was just wondering if audi do an s3 diesel. My mate tells me they do and his car is one..

It does have all the stickers, but I think it's a 1.9tdi, and it's only 2wd. Did audi ever make a 2wd 1.9tdi S3?

if it has the badges it must be
Yeah, it has loads of badges, but i made him take the rs3 one of the back, as you can't brand the diesel s3 as an RS3!:haudrauf:

I cant find one on the Audi website but it might have been a limited edition.
Perhaps, he got it for really cheap as well, the bloke he got it off must not have known it was limited edition

No, it was, but he needed to take his wife and kid around, so he has converted the front seats into a bench seat, and put in a push button handbrake from an a6. Cost him a few £k, but it means that they can all go out in it at once.

I dont know why you lot are messing about. This issue has been covered a million times before, just use the ****** search function and stop wasting peoples time.
Thanks for your help mate, I tried using the search function, but only found threads about people trying to make their diesel a3's into s3's, and my question wasn't the same

This is true most people in the 8lsection have narrow minds and think because they'v never seen one they don't exist. I can assure you that audi did the S and Rs models in a derv. There is a derv RS4 near me it has 26" amir khan's on it too :whistle2:

Being on the site for a while therefore things get repetitive, atbit like this lame thread

this thread is not lame. this has some very relevant facts that will educate the masses
Thank you Karl and everyone else for their help. One of the main reasons I asked is that I'm looking at changing my car very soon and want an s3, but do a lot of miles, so an S3 derv is perfect for me. Thanks again

Being on the site for a while therefore things get repetitive, atbit like this lame thread

Easy fix for that dude..... Log out then log back in!

Reactions: Solly
Bet the came in a big BOXer. Ber dum tish!

Thanks for the info mate, he could be right afterall. What engine is in the Rs4 diesel then?

I think it's an 8.2 v3 mate it proper shifts Iv seen him own a micra once through our village. I was well impressed.

Thank you Karl and everyone else for their help. One of the main reasons I asked is that I'm looking at changing my car very soon and want an s3, but do a lot of miles, so an S3 derv is perfect for me. Thanks again

If you do a lot of milage Chris and no doubt Yr mom will be borrowing the motor to go dogging I'd opt for the S3 derv avant that way she can throw down the rear seats for better access! they only made 17 of them but there quite easy to pick up and hold good residual value :thumbsup:

If you do a lot of milage Chris and no doubt Yr mom will be borrowing the motor to go dogging I'd opt for the S3 derv avant that way she can throw down the rear seats for better access! they only made 17 of them but there quite easy to pick up and hold good residual value :thumbsup:
is that what the 5door 2 seater one is called, avant?
i finally know the spec of my car:
2005 8L S3 Agu 3.2 v6 diesel 5 door avant.
cheers everyone. i've learnt a lot today

I know they didn't make an S3 avant mate, I ain't that thick.

WTF lol i can't tell if people are taking the **** or not now!!
Wait.... yes i can

Last edited:
is that what the 5door 2 seater one is called, avant?
i finally know the spec of my car:
2005 8L S3 Agu 3.2 v6 diesel 5 door avant.
cheers everyone. i've learnt a lot today

you made a mistake:

2005 8L S3 Agu 3.2 v6 diesel 5 door avant TSFI. btw

WTF lol i can't tell if people are taking the **** or not now!!
Wait.... yes i can

Don't know what yr on about dude :whistle2:

I know they didn't make an S3 avant mate, I ain't that thick.

Actually my 12yr old friend you'll find they did. Mine was an s3 avant till I went modalcious on it's *** and cut off the boot cos I wanted dat bad boi look man u get me!!

you made a mistake:

2005 8L S3 Agu 3.2 v6 diesel 5 door avant TSFI. btw
mr pedantic

Actually my 12yr old friend you'll find they did. Mine was an s3 avant till I went modalcious on it's *** and cut off the boot cos I wanted dat bad boi look man u get me!!
You said I could only go in the back of your avant if i told you i was 12..