AMD technik stage 1 remap s3

g dawg

Reaction score
Hi if any of you guys are running amd stage 1 at the mo on a s3 whats you thoughts and figures, im running a jabbasport stage 1 genric map but looking at amd as the figures could be improved on mine
cheers

best way to improve performance is a badger 5 TIP, if you havent got one already... Do you know what your figures are at the mo?

256hp 270flb it boosts to 1.6bar at peak and then tails off to 1.1 its all over a bit quick if you get me i no its a generic map so i thought amds rolling road map could perhaps boost those figures i dont have badgers tip just uprated panel filter dv and boost hoses....

that seems about right for a stage 1, not excessive boost and tailing off is just what k04's do. do you have a scan of your printout?

as long as the fuelling is ok It will probably be a waste of money to swap maps, get a badger 5 TIP best way forward IMO

yup, puts you in the back of your seat for longer ;)

can you explain to me what the tip does i have no knowledge of it...
thanks

standard tip tapers down from 3 inch at the maf to really small at the turbo, effectively slowing down and restricting air to the turbo.
3 inch tip is, thats right, 3 inch straight to the turbo, with an alloy adapter on the turbo, lets the turbo get alot more air alot quicker = more power, more sustained boost = :) big smiles.

how do i get one of these bad boys then and what money are we talking

contact this chap here:
Badger5 Contact Details:
Phone:07976 800775 (bills Number)
Phone:+44 (0)1453 822880 (workshop)
Fax:+44 (0)8700 561360
Email:sales@badger5.co.uk
Registered Address:Badger 5 Ltd
Unit 2b
Queen Annes Gate
Oldends Lane
Stonehouse
Glos
GL10 2DG

or alternatively drop him a PM on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Karl on contacting Bill, would be ideal to do some logs to see what boost the map is requesting and also check fuelling. Sounds like quite an aggressive map though peaking at 1.6bar

256hp 270flb it boosts to 1.6bar at peak and then tails off to 1.1 its all over a bit quick if you get me i no its a generic map so i thought amds rolling road map could perhaps boost those figures i dont have badgers tip just uprated panel filter dv and boost hoses....

Getting another map for 300/400 quid won't get you much if any more power... 256bhp is about average for a stage 1 map and getting it mapped again won't give you anything else than a hole in your pocket...

As some have said, Badger 5 TIP is proven upgrade and will give you a power increase (figures do vary), you would also be better putting your money towards items like a 3" downpipe, FMIC etc as these will allow you to make the most of your power...

The K04 on an S3 gives between 250bhp and 270bhp depending on supporting mods etc... its about all they will do stage 1 or 2..

<tuffty/>