Engine Bay pics needed please

welshy_s3

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2001 s3 8l and have recently changed the bare engine due to the last on e bending a rod.... Any engine bay pics would be much appreciated! The vacum piping etc im a bit stuck with, but pics of everything would help please.......

Also if there are any parts for a amk engine etc that anyone needs pm me, as i have an engine with just one bent rod and cam chain tensioner misssin...the rest is all good inc head etc.

Cheers

Jamie

enginebay2.jpg

P3060004.jpg

thats best i can do.
are you referring to the pipes under the inlet mani?? is that what you are stuck on?

I agree...your engine bay is very nice buddy :) tbh with you karl, it was the vacum control unit i was confused with that you have removed, but no panic as I called down to my local audi dealership today and got one of the boys to print out a diagram off the system their using. But these pics you posted are very handy thanks as there are a few more pipes in the pics that I was unsure of to begin with..

you mean all the vac pipes under the mani?
save yourself the money and simplify it and get a catch can.
tidies it up, minimises leaks, and if using a catch can fuel octane is increased.

and if you were reffering to the vaccuum box ontop of the rocker cover, that can be removed also, again minimising leaks and future problems

Karl is there any chance you can post up more detailed pics of how you got rid of the vacum control unit on top of the rocker cover or a thread or somthing please mate?! I wanna give it a go but also dont fancy killing another engine in the process haha

Certainly mate, there's a sticky thread at the top of the thread page, here it is
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ss-guide-ary-engine-all-other-a3-engines.html
Its for an a3 engine but its very similar.
Searching 'N249 valve' will bring up other threads too.
Basically, you remove that vaccum box and all attached pipes, then run one straight 4mm pipe from dump valve to mani, whilst leaving the n249 electronically connected (you can see mine tucked away under the charge pipe)