Electric window fault

HOUCH

Reaction score
Hi there just wondering if anyone can point me in right direction drivers side electric window of my 2001 a3 quatt decided to play up at the weekend went down and stopped before getting to the bottom, then when I tried to close window it goes up slowly then stops and goes down like it's detected something in the way and goes down inch or so before stopping, removed card at weekend could not see anything obvious no broken glass clips etc, greased/w.d'd runners and rubbers which made window go down fully and at normal speed even undid the 4 x hex headed bolts that hold window frame to door shell in case window out of shape, window did seem bit better after all this but still not right, today started going up and jumping down like before also speed going down is fine but very slow going up. I replaced door few weeks ago but window mech is the origional one which has not given me any problems before door swap or after...until now.
They electric window motors are handed so pass will not fit onto drivers but the splines do line up so tried the passenger side on drivers window and was still slow going up so not sure if fitting new drivers side motor will cure prob, didnt want to go down the fit it and see route as always expensive so before go any further thought best to see if any of you guys have had simlar... sorry for waffle cheers for reading post...Houch