Silent DV!?

sam4191

If In doubt, Flat out!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ok... so replaced the N249 bypass hoses today, re-routed them around the rocker cover to make it a bit tidier. Everything is attached and plugged in.

Took it for a drive and immediately noticed that the DV is very very, worryingly quiet. (I posted a month or so back queirying the chatter on overrun) The car still runs nicely and goes very well, returning a read out of 247bhp on liquid gauge. Just not much DV noise. It has silicon TIP and Cone filter. No engine codes are popping up. I like the quietness of it, but is it normal?

I know its not exactly clear, but any help, or experience will be awesome!

Cheers

i changed my stock dv for an uprated one and mine is also silent, its because its a recurculating dv it doesnt dump the air im sure one of the other members can explain it better for you.

Air con off, radio off, my Forge 007p on full boost is most certainly audible. So was the OEM one actually, pretty much the same noise from both. If I couldn't hear it, i'd worry.

I can hear mine when on boost but, I cant hear my wifes car on boost. Mine is stock DV and hers is 007p. Both cars are very similar to drive power wise. Personally i prefer not to hear any DV noise, i just need to feel the surge on boost.

DC

Funnily enough exactly the same here after Westle did my n249 delete. Using the Forge service kit Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication) I cleaned it and regressed with oil provided in the kit it and can hear it again now. Hadn't been done since I bought it 3 years ago to be fair.

Yeh, very weird, I can hear it, just very quiet. i prefer it to be honest. Thing is fran, I had already done the Delete, but was just replacing the hoses. Have done 100miles on it and still feels good, so may just try remove and take apart again. Only did this a couple of months ago. I want to try a new one, but funds are low. :( cheers for replies guys!