Help???

RobMac1985

Reaction score
Ruislip (Middlesex) & Longbridge (Birmingham)
Having recently brought a S3 8L I am having a few little problems!
They are as follows:

Xenon headlights facing the ground! They are fine when first turned on!

The car came with a alpine stereo upgrade and for some reason I am getting a high pitched noise from the rear.

Slight loss of power steering fluid. Can't see any leaks at the moment.

Passenger window won't go up properly! I had a similar problem on my Leon copra but can't seem to solve it on my S3

I am also looking into doing a few mods and tuning. But where do I start and with what companies?
I looked at dump valves? Induction kits? But most people say no cus they will cause errors?

Please help me if u can. I have always been a BMW man but am now a converted Audi fan! :)

Thanks
Rob

is your s3 lowerd the load sensor for the lights is clearly sensing you have weight in the car if its not lowerd check the switch on the wishbones for the self leveling lights if it is lowerd you need vag-com to raise them up.
your loss of powersteering fluid sounds like your powersteering rack check the ends of the rack where the track rod arms connect see if the gasitors have oil in them

Alrite mate the the high pitch noise is coming from your speakers as you need to buy a block from any good audio shop to stop it, cant think of the exact name for it. And well done on being converted to audi and its supirior quattro. Bmws are a nice car and drive lovely but there just to slow lol (obviously dont mean the M techs, i would sell a kidney for a e46 m3)

i've also got a slight power steering leek, but i mean very slight. took it into my local garage and they said for what it would cost it wasnt even worth fixing, topped it up a few months back and its lost hrdly anything since. guess it depends on how bad the leak is!

as for tuning, i'm no expert but a Forge 007p recirc valve to replace your standard bosch valve is a good place to start! its a 10 minute job to fit and a new one will set you back round £80 (Awesome - Awesome/Forge 1.8T+2.7T Diverter Valve) its a direct replacement and wont cause any problems with the car as you mentioned :)
Revo and AMD seem to be the most popular places to get a remap if your looking into that, but there are others. i dont have experience with either as mine is standard so maybe best to talk to other members about that!

Thanks mate! Will have a look 2moro after work! Gonna get it up on a ramp!
I got vag com but never used it so that could be fun! :) can I damage anything? Is it easy enough to use?

Where should I start for tuning?
i think it can be compared to a cave man ******* on a fire lol and how much you planning on spending? Remap is always the first option, and dont bother with split r dump valves, just a 007p and a decent induction kit and itl sound nasty :)

I have been told Different things by different people! Been told to keep the standard airbox with a k&n panel filter! I have upgraded recirc valve but always wanted a dump valve! Haha. Sounds daft but always wanted one. Mrc tuning is meant to be the best for a remap! But costs bout £400 they reckon bout 255bhp plus 80lb of torque. I have been looking for exhaust an other bits so if anyone one knows someone who selling stuff please let me no! :)