Cleaned my TB and Replaced Recirc with 007p

A3 Oly

Reaction score
I have been having issues with boucy idle, fluttering on low boost and clucky gear changes.

The guy who owned the car before spent 300 on a guy ripping out ecu testing injectors etc etc.

Did the tb and dv and its a new car.

The reason for the post is i cant get my head around why a dirty tb would cause a bouce in idle?

Could it be the DV had a hole in the innards?

i thought this, but i did the dv and then tested and still had bouncy idle untill i cleaned the TB.

ahhh dude my car is doing this!!! whats the tb??

I'd recommend getting it smoke tested, could be a split in a vac line

Have you tried disconnecting the MAF to see if that resolves the issue

I'd recommend getting it smoke tested, could be a split in a vac line

Have you tried disconnecting the MAF to see if that resolves the issue

He just wants to know why a dirty TB could give a bouncy idle, he says its fixed?

A dirty or worn throttle body can let through unmetered air or not enough air because they stick or jam slightly when opening or closing. Little bits of grit or grime will stop it from operating smoothly, which isn't so much of a problem when you are driving normally because they will be opening and closing quicker and with more force. But on idle where it moves only a little and slowly, or when feathering the throttle the problem will be a bit more visable.

Basically it is a flap which lets the air into the engine, if it doesn't operate smoothly the air won't be entering smoothly giving a rough idle and irratic acceleration.

ahhh throttle body...i was going over everythin in my head lol
is this an easy job cleaning them or a lot of work involved?
mine drives fine but on idle sits at 1000 then after 7 seconds drops to 500 and near cuts out then repeats??

He just wants to know why a dirty TB could give a bouncy idle, he says its fixed?

A dirty or worn throttle body can let through unmetered air or not enough air because they stick or jam slightly when opening or closing. Little bits of grit or grime will stop it from operating smoothly, which isn't so much of a problem when you are driving normally because they will be opening and closing quicker and with more force. But on idle where it moves only a little and slowly, or when feathering the throttle the problem will be a bit more visable.

Basically it is a flap which lets the air into the engine, if it doesn't operate smoothly the air won't be entering smoothly giving a rough idle and irratic acceleration.

Bob on mate :D