crash, bang, wallop....

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
at 1pm today i was out in the lovely sun going to get some lunch when a lorry decided to not pay any attention to the give way sign and pulled right onto the FAST LANE of the dual carridge way on which i was traveling... slammed on brakes but hit his offside rear and did this

its already in the bodyshop and i have a 1.6 astra (new shape) to keep me going.

should be done in a week or so.

[ QUOTE ]
at 1pm today i was out in the lovely sun going to get some lunch when a lorry decided to not pay any attention to the give way sign and pulled right onto the FAST LANE of the dual carridge way on which i was traveling... slammed on brakes but hit his offside rear and did this

its already in the bodyshop and i have a 1.6 astra (new shape) to keep me going.

should be done in a week or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that sucks! Atleast you werent injured (physically anyway!) Hope the reapir goes well adn you have it back soon

Rich

i was only 100m away doing about 80 when he pulled out... i braked and swerved but still hit.. personaly i think s3 brakes are fine and i doubt if brembos would have helped alot.

im fine which is the main thing and its being fast tracked through the body shop with the best painter and pannel beater doing the work (my dad ran that body shop for 4 years so he has had a word with them and got it all sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif something to smile about at least )

Jesuz mate, dont look to major considering a lorry took it out, yeah hope u get it back soon mate, what about that rolling road sesh on 20th!

Make sure he tells his insurance thats its his ****** fault!!

Gutted for you mate! You spend all that time looking for your ideal S3 and then someone does this to it!

Glad your ok, hope it all gets sorted soon!

Does this mean you'l be doing the Rolling road session in the Astra?

Rich.

i did a good job of swerving and hit the bottom of his tail gate... just superficial damage but still a pain in the ****!!

my car wont be at the RR day but i'll get a lift with a mate

Sorry to hear about that mate, hope it all gets sorted. Luckily you are ok mate.

Surely you were only doing 70? Will it be ready for the rolling road or are you going to give the astra hell?

Rob

Hope it is just superficial: to have gouged the bonnet that much and pull the bumper over the washer takes a bit of force.
I'd want to make sure everything in the engine bay was still in line, hoses all connected and that all steering and brakes were ok on the n/s front.

You were 100m away when it pulled out doing 80? I did some quick calculations: at 80mph you're covering 35.7m a second so that gives you 2.8 seconds to reach the lorry. Plus the lorry will be moving too, so a bit more. Did you mean 10 metres away?

I am gutted for you though.

Sorry to hear what happened to your car mate. Glad to see that your alright, but if you like me the car will never feel the same.

I reckon you should put the astra on the RR. lol!

yeah it will al lbe checked out. geometry check done.. the works.

i guestimate about 100m away.. maybe less though.

in this pic.. see the silver car..i was about 100meters back from where that is when the lorry showed up at the exit..and he came straight out..didnt stop atall.. didnt see me obviously.. i slammed on brakes and tried to go down his offside... probably ended up hitting him doing about 30-40mph

Completely inexcusable though!!! this was where the lorry driver came out from...the size of those give way signs!!! he hasnt got a leg to stand on

well done to direct line thought...

crashed at 1pm... car in bodyshop and parts ordered and loan car on its way to me and all by 3:30pm... thumbs up for once!!

OUCH, I am really sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you knocked the blind son of a b*tch out, fcking lorry drivers think they own the road.

DickyBoy

Don't tell the insurance company you were 100m away though. the highway code states the typical stopping distance at 70mph (which is what you were doing right?) is 96 metres.

Ouch, glad no one was hurt and only surface damage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bad news. Glad you're ok. Must have been quite horrid seeing a lorries T bar coming towards you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If I was you I'd edit or remove the post above with your speed in it.

Although this is your choice and I'm in not one encouraging you to lie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif I'm assumming you won't be writing that on the accident form. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

Bad news man, same happened to me in my beemer at the end of 2002

Hope it gets sorted soon mate.

Sincerly gutted for you M8, I know how I would feel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

You dont seem to annoyed to me, probably cause you know your car is in safe hands and will soon return in all its glory

Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ouch, but good to know nobody was injured /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah taffy... not too annoyed... i know its in good hands at my dads old place.. it will come back like new.. still a bit of a bummer though!!!!! and means i cant drive my car ... probably till after i get back from africa now !!!

not much i can do though.. one of those things

Unlucky JK, at the end of the day, it is only a piece of metal and plastic, which can be fixed/replaced, whereas you can't. But still a bummer as you rightly said.

OMG, Man I really do feel for you! I would'nt wish that one anyone! As you say luckly A. you weren;t hit and B. you know somebody is going to fix it to the point it will look like it's never been in an accident. It could be a whole different matter if you had to use one of Directline or simular coachworks who just fix the car as quick as possible without the care and attention most would like.

cheers for the comments.. its in the body shop now (i have my crappy astra for a week or so)

got the best panel beater and painter working on it so all i can do now is keep my fingers crossed.

i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb when its done though

jedi
not good mate and good to hear you are well.
are you paying for this or is donkey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif in the lorry pickign up the tab?
if so then send it to audi to get them to do the locl stock on it if the insurance company is paying out?

hope all goes well and you are back in audi land soon

NLW

his insurance is paying for everything ... the repair.. my hire car.. the lot. Its at my dads old body shop as i know a couple of the guys there so i know it will get good treatment... the audi body shop in cambridge doesnt have a good reputation im afraid so im happier where it is!!

it'll be back on the road soon!

Ouch!

Know the feeling well. Had my car 2 months and somebody pulled out into the side of me, whilst overtaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Like others have said - at least your okay!

Make sure you check the paint colour matches when you get it back. When mine was delivered back to me, I did as you are going to do and checked it over, although didn't notice that the colour on the front bumper was a shade lighter than the rest of the car. I know this sounds really stupid, but it only looked a different colour at a certain angle, in certain light!

Once I knew about it it bugged the hell out of me.

Got it sorted in the end though and it's now looking like new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck.