Awwww, I wanted one of those

ImS3ola

Reaction score
My neighbours just bought the exact car that I wanted but couldn't afford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

101_0156.JPG

And no, i'm not talking about the green volvo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

how much did you want to pay for?
I was looking for a used lhd and if you dont mind that slight problem, they are much less expensive. I mean 20k for a 04reg with less than 10000miles: that's pretty good!

Yeah i think yours looks loads nicer bro!! Be proud!!

Yeah shame you had to settle for a 350Z maybe you can get an S3 next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Only joking seriously your car looks better than that nissan anyday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

what do you drive nissan? audi ? what sounds better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Very nice street, well maintained and cleaned.

Cars are nice also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Interesting...
Loads of comments from people who say the S3 looks better...or is a better brand...with no concern for the driving dynamics of the pair.
Quite sad really...

These people obviously haven't driven the 350Z...if they had, they'd understand.

Sure the S3 is a more practical car...it possibly does look 'better' (although 'better' is just sooo subjective), the S3 can carry more people / stuff, and should have more traction....but it's boring in standard form.

The 350Z is streets ahead in driving terms...

I like the 350Z...it's a proper drivers car...I can fully understand people wanting one.
Maybe the neighbour puts less emphasis on badge snobbery and more emphasis on driving dynamics?

Glen,

I was just thinking the same myself.

Especially the part;

"What sounds better AUDI or NISSAN"

I mean, come on, surely you gave up trying to pull burds with our car soon after your 18th birthday, no?

PS, love the sig. Very fitting.

Stevie

I have driven one and thats why i dont like it. If i wanted Renault power i'd buy a Renault. It doesnt inspire you to push-on hard.

It's hard to see where all the 280ps goes as the car felt lazy and heavy. Now i know why people call accelerators "the loud pedal". It just makes more and more noise when you push it and after a good initial throttle response it fails to keep pulling as strong though the noise continues to grow. It does sound beautiful though.

the quality of the interior is very poor. The interior is more like an Ikea kitchen but what do you expect from a Datsun.

OHH NOOO, here comes Glen again!! lol

Glenn hasn't driven one! and he's not interested in prestige. He'd drive a Kia if it performed well enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Glenn hasn't driven one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me?
I have only one 'n' in my name!

...and I can assure you, I've driven more than one. I like them to drive..
Sure, the interior is cheap...but so is the car!
It's a proper fun RWD car...not enough power to get into serious trouble with...but enough to make you smile on a daily basis.

[ QUOTE ]

and he's not interested in prestige.

[/ QUOTE ]

Badge over substance...no, I'm not.
Buying a car just to get a badge on the bonnet is so sad...do people really need something so materialistic to make them feel better?

[ QUOTE ]

He'd drive a Kia if it performed well enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would...
If the car made me feel excited about driving it, and made me happy...I don't see the relevance of a badge on the bonnet...who is it supposed to impress? The driver, or the neighbours?
Sad, so sad.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glenn hasn't driven one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me?
I have only one 'n' in my name!

...and I can assure you, I've driven more than one. I like them to drive..
Sure, the interior is cheap...but so is the car!
It's a proper fun RWD car...not enough power to get into serious trouble with...but enough to make you smile on a daily basis.

[ QUOTE ]

and he's not interested in prestige.

[/ QUOTE ]

Badge over substance...no, I'm not.
Buying a car just to get a badge on the bonnet is so sad...do people really need something so materialistic to make them feel better?

[ QUOTE ]

He'd drive a Kia if it performed well enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would...
If the car made me feel excited about driving it, and made me happy...I don't see the relevance of a badge on the bonnet...who is it supposed to impress? The driver, or the neighbours?
Sad, so sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
I thought you would have replied quicker than that having read your other posts on badge snobary. Sorry about the extra n /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Im affraid im stuck with prestige having ripped the pi$$ out of everyone i know with "less prestigeous" brands. I'd be flamed for being Hypocritical. I think were safe from kia/proton/hyundi etc releasing a car that will press the right buttons!

Lost £10k on a £13k car in three yrs??? That'll be the Daewoo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you would have replied quicker than that having read your other posts on badge snobary. Sorry about the extra n /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, too bust stripping cars and building engines!

[ QUOTE ]

Im affraid im stuck with prestige having ripped the pi$$ out of everyone i know with "less prestigeous" brands. I'd be flamed for being Hypocritical.

[/ QUOTE ]

So be it...
I prefer to let the sight of me dissapearing down a backroad, pulling away from a so called 'prestige' car, do the talking...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think were safe from kia/proton/hyundi etc releasing a car that will press the right buttons!

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty...I think so too....

[ QUOTE ]

Lost £10k in three yrs??? That'll be the Daewoo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit optimistic isn't it?
I doubt you'd get as little depreciation as that in 3 years!!

C i knew Glen would be on top form as usual, lol!!

[ QUOTE ]
C i knew Glen would be on top form as usual, lol!!

[/ QUOTE ]

His comments brighten up the day, too funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

its funny that you talk about badge snobbery....esp towards daewoo, kia and proton. the cars cost half the price and aren't in the same market. why put down others to make yourselves feel better? In my mind its akin to the mindless jealous b*stards who keep vandalising my car. not that i'm suggest you guys go around vandalising kia's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif or should that be lowering them and slamming on big alloys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ask 100 girls/boys whichever you are trying to impress which is the least prestigous brand out of audi, bmw and merc and i'll bet you any money that audi will finish bottom of the pile. Does that affect my enjoyment of the car...No way..

anyway back on thread. Parked up to brand new black 350Z and i thought it looked awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Haven't driven or been in one, but from trying to impress others point of view..i was impressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the 350Z cabrio is gonna be the winner this year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif