Custom air filter heat shield

That's S3Dave.
its good bit of kit but , catches the wiring loom casing at the bottom and my maf wont reach the shield to bolt it to it im gunna modify it slightly but all in all good for the price

Reactions: BlackyBoi
Sorry to bring this up again but has anyone tried S3Daves heatsheild on an A3 and does the MAF fit through the hole properly because i know the MAF is a smaller diameter than the S3 MAF. Also does it seal against the bonnet and would a cold air feed improve over the standard intake from the wing? Anyone notice any difference running a heatsheild?

I have s3daves heat shield on AUM with standard TIP and Pipercross Viper kit Looks SWEET and holds filter steady! £25 Bargain :)

Sorry to bring this up again but has anyone tried S3Daves heatsheild on an A3 and does the MAF fit through the hole properly because i know the MAF is a smaller diameter than the S3 MAF. Also does it seal against the bonnet and would a cold air feed improve over the standard intake from the wing? Anyone notice any difference running a heatsheild?

mine from s3dave, fiitted to a3 fits fine
DSCF2797.jpg

Another one from S3Dave - thanks a lot mate!

So far so good, took it out for a spin and just managed 268.3bhp calculated bhp... Surely I've done enough for stage 2 remap :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385824019303465ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385824041853520

Nice pics everyone, I'm starting down the light tuning road so forgive my ignorance but I still can't see there could be much more airflow with these cones than from standard set up. I mean with these heat shields as well when the bonnet is shut most of the actual filter itself is encased from any other available air except from the original air intake pipe & surely some of that can escape over the filter unlike if its directed straight through standard airbox. Thats just how it looks to me :think:. Anyone else on here have same thoughts or am I missing something. Again apologise for any ignorance.

cheers

S3 Daves all day long! great price, great quality, fast delivery, helpful bloke :icon_thumright: