Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    That's S3Dave.
    its good bit of kit but , catches the wiring loom casing at the bottom and my maf wont reach the shield to bolt it to it im gunna modify it slightly but all in all good for the price
    BlackyBoi likes this.
    Audi S3 8L 2001 imola yellow autobahn tip, heatshield, metal mesh cone filter, apr r1 DV, REVO stage1, SPS box, Weitec coilovers, forge short shift kit, bosch aero wipers, 20mm rear spacers Wanted 3"Dp Decat rear arms pm me

my progress thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ss-thread.html

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry to bring this up again but has anyone tried S3Daves heatsheild on an A3 and does the MAF fit through the hole properly because i know the MAF is a smaller diameter than the S3 MAF. Also does it seal against the bonnet and would a cold air feed improve over the standard intake from the wing? Anyone notice any difference running a heatsheild?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have s3daves heat shield on AUM with standard TIP and Pipercross Viper kit Looks SWEET and holds filter steady! £25 Bargain

Audi a3 1.8t AGU

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Sorry to bring this up again but has anyone tried S3Daves heatsheild on an A3 and does the MAF fit through the hole properly because i know the MAF is a smaller diameter than the S3 MAF. Also does it seal against the bonnet and would a cold air feed improve over the standard intake from the wing? Anyone notice any difference running a heatsheild?
    mine from s3dave, fiitted to a3 fits fine

2nd Gear

Status
    Another one from S3Dave - thanks a lot mate!

So far so good, took it out for a spin and just managed 268.3bhp calculated bhp... Surely I've done enough for stage 2 remap

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385824019.303465.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1385824041.853520.jpg

Neutral

Status
    Nice pics everyone, I'm starting down the light tuning road so forgive my ignorance but I still can't see there could be much more airflow with these cones than from standard set up. I mean with these heat shields as well when the bonnet is shut most of the actual filter itself is encased from any other available air except from the original air intake pipe & surely some of that can escape over the filter unlike if its directed straight through standard airbox. Thats just how it looks to me . Anyone else on here have same thoughts or am I missing something. Again apologise for any ignorance.

cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    S3 Daves all day long! great price, great quality, fast delivery, helpful bloke
    2001 Audi S3 8L Ming Blue - Rebuild Complete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12