Tyre Pressures

Wizza

Reaction score
No idea why not twigged sooner but it came accross my mind whilst at work when wondering why tyre pressure vary so much car to car and tyre size to tyre size even if they tyres and wheels are same size.

I know a lot of it is down to weight but and such but I thought it was about time I got the pressures right in my TT Comps.

OEM pressures on my car were apparently 28psi all round with a single passenger - tyre size 205/55/16.

Now I'm running TT Comps I have 225/45/17 and when I set the tyres to 28psi it seemed low so I increades the pressure to around 32psi all round.

Does anyone know what the actual pressures should be as you chnage tyres depths and widths?

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - Tyre Pressures for Non-Standard Wheels and Tyres

I was reading above link and can;t get my head round it.

Cheers :)

Wel it normally works out depending on the weight of the car and what you are carrying,a load or not,your wheels are still on the same car so would stick to the same pressures!,32 psi sounds about right,but if you do drive the car hard id say lower them to 30psi,carrying weight 36 psi!,regardless of any size tyre its still the psi of pressure withholding the load it was designed for!

Last edited: