Breaking S3's!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Seems like 8L S3's have got to the point that many are breaking them! Even I'm considering going that route, since I can't even shift my one for £3k, and doing the maths, I will easily get near or over £3k selling the car in parts. lol

Market is dead out there! :(

Same feeling !
My car is built up of parts people regularly buy on here and all added up to more than the market value of the car,
What a sad feeling though,
Something i love the look of is worth more in box's than a working car,

such a shame... but the cars are not realy shifting....
in my opinion ... a few reasons,
Poor MPG
Hard to insure
around the age where big money parts are failing
not an involved drive unless alot of extra money is spent

I'm after an S3 but living in Devon its impossible to find one that represents value for money, £4500 for 130k miles doesn't! I test drove one yesterday and it did feel a little dull compared to my 'upgraded' A3, saying that though if anyone has one for sale I need 4 wheel drive for the harsh winters....

I'm after an S3 but living in Devon its impossible to find one that represents value for money, £4500 for 130k miles doesn't! I test drove one yesterday and it did feel a little dull compared to my 'upgraded' A3, saying that though if anyone has one for sale I need 4 wheel drive for the harsh winters....

What? Where are you looking?

There's 4 pages of S3's in the link below, I've put in a max price of £4700 for you, as I'm sure you can squeeze a couple of hundred quid off most of them! Can't comment on distance you need to travel though!

Audi S3s for Sale

Or even consider my one? Needs an Haldex ECU though...

I've got to laugh at this also, I've just had 2 offers for my S3 soon after making this post, but unfortunately guys, it's £3k or no sale.

I'm not desperate enough to take a further drop in price to what is a quick sale price in the first instance! But thanks for the offers.

Seems like 8L S3's have got to the point that many are breaking them! Even I'm considering going that route, since I can't even shift my one for £3k, and doing the maths, I will easily get near or over £3k selling the car in parts. lol

Market is dead out there! :(

Not being funny with you m8, but £3k is too high :( I bought a 90k mile facelift with leather, full ASH for £4k and there's been very little wrong with it! To buy a 150k none facelift with a known problem for £3k would just not happen, for an extra grand, you'd have the lower miles, working car. I'd be tempted to buy your car but it's not 100% guaranteed that the new ECU will fix the problem, so then you're in major money and you might as well just get a car without an issue IMO ...

Agree with you JoJo,

I have seen alot of S3's being broken recently with what looks like nothing wrong with them!! It is a shame that people are going down this route :( but at least those who are commited to the ownership of an 8L S3, second hand performance and OEM replacement parts are becoming alot easier to come by.

its good news for the A3 owners can get cheap s3 parts i dont think 3k for your car is bad jojo although i wouldnt sell mine for it unless you wanted to paint it liquid yellow lol only reason im hanging on to my a3 quattro

I know it's a pity butit makes it easier to get parts for the others and in the long run it'll hopefully invrease the value of our cars as they become rarer....

Not being funny with you m8, but £3k is too high :( I bought a 90k mile facelift with leather, full ASH for £4k and there's been very little wrong with it! To buy a 150k none facelift with a known problem for £3k would just not happen, for an extra grand, you'd have the lower miles, working car. I'd be tempted to buy your car but it's not 100% guaranteed that the new ECU will fix the problem, so then you're in major money and you might as well just get a car without an issue IMO ...

Yes, I did make a thread about selling the car without the 4wd running in the past, and decided to sell it as is. I personally don't think it's overpriced at all, it's certainly not a dog of a car, I'm still using it, and even went to AitP with it, including a few blasts on the way, that's how confident I am with the mechanics of it.
I might just fix the Haldex problem before I sell if it doesn't go by the end of the month, as it will need tax by then. You are most certainly right that a car not running 100% is not everyone's cup of tea though!

please stop killing S3's
I am an A3 boy and want an S3 but if they are all breaking then that makes them rarer and harder to get hold of, wait till i have one then break the rest and then they will hold value and be more exclusive lol

Thanks for that link jojo, I stand corrected! There are plenty of well priced S3's out there. Now just need to find someone who wants to save money on insurance and petrol and part ex my A3 lol

I don't think Jojo's S3 is overpriced at all at £3k. It's got about a grand's worth of suspension on it for a start. 2nd hand standard Haldex controllers can be had for decent prices too...

I don't think Jojo's S3 is overpriced at all at £3k. It's got about a grand's worth of suspension on it for a start. 2nd hand standard Haldex controllers can be had for decent prices too...

I was hoping the suspension mods along with the uprated ARBs was a nice selling point to be honest.

I think this has become a for sale thread. :rulez:

you want one of these in there JoJo:

10590c35.jpg

(yes - I am whoring this picture tonight)

Yes, this is EXACTLY what you should do! You've got the suspension already, now strip it out, sell the interior for good money, and come to the Ring with us :)

No no no! You can't do that to an S3. It's just wrong.

But you could sell me all the nice bits for a low price.

Except that this isn't a For Sale thread of course. Damn it!

If this turns into a for sale thread then ive got first dibs on the front bumper :). Haha.