Silicone TIP's - two types, what's the difference?

Endacy

Reaction score
Simple question but the answer eludes me: It seems for non S3 1.8T's there are two TIP variations. I have an AJQ engine, there is another for engines such as the AUM. What is the difference? Forge list two with the engine codes:

AWW - AWD - AWP - AUM - APP - AWU - AUQ

OR

AVC - APH - AJQ - AGU - ATC

What is different? Is it the ko3 or ko3s turbo having slightly different inlet diameters? If that's what it is then i'll buy a specific one for my engine, if it's something to do with the various ports then maybe some pipe rearrangement would mean either would fit? And I could buy either when one becomes available cheaply, as the AJQ is a rarer engine.

main differences are the ports for breather and DV in slightly different locations, and also breathers vary in diameter

Ah thanks Bill, not work the hassle of it not fitting then really i'll buy one listed for an AJQ.

I'd love a proper shiny one but can't justify the expense and am basically going for a ebay china unbranded special.

Right i'm now confused. I found Autobahn88 make nice ones apparently and quite cheap, however they list theirs as fitting for example the AVC engine AND the AWW engine. Which are different hoses by Forge. Other manufacturers list different combinations of engine codes as well. So...i'm confused. Are they just wrong?

Either TIP can be made to fit either engine, so don't worry too much and buy the cheapest!

Ah now that sounds promising. What might I need to do make it fit? Adjust the length of some pipes that attach to it or something?