Volks AutosChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Exclamation Help ESP/ABS problems

Hi, I've had my traction control light coming on since i got the car over a year ago, it was originally fixed by changing the drive shaft on the passenger side. It has since come back, but i've put that down to the wheel baring on that side needing to be replaced, as it makes hell of a lot of noise.
    But the other day i took off the wheel to replace a centre cap. I then drove the car and the Traction control & ABS warning lights came on, i turned the car off and it wiped them. This happened 3 or 4 times. I then did a long trip and they didn't come on at all, but when i went to use the car the day after they came on as soon as i turned the car on and have been on since, i can't get them to turn off.

I've scanned the car and got the following codes:

Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)

Sporadic
    008 - Implausible Signal

-------------------------------

01276 - 108 - KWP2000
    ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)

Sporadic
    012 - Electrical Fault

-------------------------------

I'm not too worried about the first one as it always come on when the TC fails, i've put that down to the wheel baring, it's the second one that worries me as it's caused Both TC & ABS lights to always be illuminated. Which i assume means the TC, ABS and ESP system if off constantly.

Can anyone advise or shed some light on what this might be?

The car is a 2001 A3 1.9TDI

2. # ADS
    ADS

Another S3 owner....

Status
    traction control , ESP and the abs are all master controlled by the abs unit. And so the error showing up on your abs unit maybe the reason why everything has been lit like a christmas tree .......I guess !

oh and one other thing to check....fuses above battery. clean away any rust/ re-seat them.
    Last edited by thegoal007; 7th August 2011 at 18:45.
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks, i had a poke around with the wheel, tapped the cable by the caliper and all my lights went off. It's just rattling itself apart i guess

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok, so went to move the car and the lights were back on. Looked at where the wire behind the brake disc went.. and saw that after the connector,
    the wire was cut or something, it just ended. What is this wire?