AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Best out of a tank

never taken part in this one until today. i seem to remember someone saying about 370-400 from a tank at absolute best.

today, i made a round trip from MK to south Devon using A421,A34,A420,M4,M5,A38, distance of 210 door to door.Due to hitting a bit of a jam at roadworks on the M5 westbound, i reckon it reduced my total males available by about 10. Had it not been for this, i'm sure i would have done the whole trip on a tank.

I made 408.9 miles on a tankful [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

I wasn't lightfooting it either, my average speed for the journey was 69mph, however i did keep it below 80 as much as possible [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

Anyone gonna 'billy two S**ts' that figure??? i did the last 5 miles on 0 miles left on the DIS. No doubt someone has risked a little more at some point [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: Best out of a tank

If you're are so worried about fuel economy, you should have bought a diesel!

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not, but i thought i 'd have a go anyway cos i was on a long haul [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not, but i thought i 'd have a go anyway cos i was on a long haul [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] i used to have one but it was not fast enough

1st Gear

Status

the best i can get is 320 at the moment! in my old tdi i could get 600! oh what a shock it is to be driving petrols again

Neutral

Status

Hi Ian >>>> You know me from mk4's its pj52gly or it used to be. I dont know what I will get out of a full tank in my S3 cause it's my first full tank, but I once got 700 out of my Tdi but that was GTI international and back doin 60 ( it killed me >>> OUCH !!!!!! ) 320 out of a petrol that out performes a diesel HMMMMM think you could get 400 at a push. ( and thats standard ) just think what you would get from a re-map????? Same MPG and 280>>ish BHP.

1st Gear

Status

I haven't managed better than 313 yet, and that was driving like a granny!!

1st Gear

Status

I don't get anymore than about 260miles :-(

Maybe it's how i drive?

Brum brum

Status

I'm regularly getting close to 400 - and that's in normal driving, not on a long run.

Driving up to parents at Xmas I'd done 250 miles with the computer still showing 250 with what was left in the tank. Then I caned it for the last 30 miles or so and it dropped like a stone! Still ended up with just under 400.

Perhaps I don't drive mine fast enough [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

ive got 320 out of mine but as people keep referring to getting a diesel yeah they are better on fuel but dont give you as big a grin as a petrol turbo, just keeep putting it in and have fun

2nd Gear

Status

i normally get 340-350, but that trip above was an exception. i was only 10 miles short of doing the whole trip on a tank [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

300 on average for me short commute trips...but driving like a granny this week and i'm looking at a possible 370. When i say driving a granny i mean i barely even touch the accelerator pedal and change up a early a possible. But i'm getting bored of driving like that so i might be back to a 250 tank next week [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

do u guys measure your actual mpg.
    the display will read 27-28mpg and im actually getting 26mpg if you work it out.

Vroom Vroom

Status

I reset the trip counter after every refill and have never got over 270 miles on a full optimax tank. I don't do any motorway miles though - sit in traffic most of my life! Doh! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

S3 Drift King!

Status

I got 13mpg out of a tank of Optimax on the track today lol. It was fun though! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

My warning light just came on on the way into work this morning, with 250 miles from my full tank of optimax. I can't drive it with the light on and the "bing" makes me jump out of my skin every time it comes on!

Neutral

Status

I have never got over 320 mile on a full tank. On long journeys it wil happily do 200 miles for half a tank. Then I will only get another 150 if I am lucky (behaved).

4th Gear

Status

i did 350 out of a full tank the other day on a round trip to bath.. that was doing between 70-90 mph the whole way though.

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    the "bing" makes me jump out of my skin every time it comes on!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

Me too! fecking thing! very useful though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've just got 360 from my last tank, with the needle on red and 10 miles showing on the dash. Don't like getting that low normally though - was doing a bit of an experiment [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Fully fueled with Optimax again now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

lets start a competition-how many miles can yo do once your DIS shows zero [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

I've been told by a dealer that there's around 20 miles left driving 'cautiously' when it hits zero.
    Best I've managed was 332 miles to the tank.

Neutral

Status

.....whats the best anyone's got out of a 1.9 Tdi?!

....i'm sure i'm not gettin as much out of a diesel as i'm supposed to.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

my golf 130 was good for about 550ish, same size tank i think

Neutral

Status

I've got a A3 1.9tdi (130)...i'm not sure if i even get 550 out of it, i don't believe i'm driving it that hard.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

hmmmm.....i'll have to put a full tank in it over the wkend and see what i can get.....if i can't get at least 500 i swear someone's got to be syphining it out of my tank! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

or a fuel leak.........

i was only getting 36mpg out of my V6 tdi avant A4 B6 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. the new owner(also an AS.net user) told me it had been back in for a fuel pipe leak [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

......i hope its not a fuel leak, not noticed anything under the car.

i'll have to start driving like an old granny to get more out of a tank [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    .....whats the best anyone's got out of a 1.9 Tdi?!

....i'm sure i'm not gettin as much out of a diesel as i'm supposed to.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have got over 600 miles out of my old golf gt tdi 130! i wasnt driving slow. 80-85mph, but there is a special thing you can do to put more fuel in the tank. only advisiable if your doing a long journy as it fills up the expansion bit!

1st Gear

Status

forgot to mention i can get the traction control light flashing all the time haha i wish i could afford an rs6.. haha but i'm happy with my s3