Best out of a tank

trekbiker

Reaction score
never taken part in this one until today. i seem to remember someone saying about 370-400 from a tank at absolute best.

today, i made a round trip from MK to south Devon using A421,A34,A420,M4,M5,A38, distance of 210 door to door.Due to hitting a bit of a jam at roadworks on the M5 westbound, i reckon it reduced my total males available by about 10. Had it not been for this, i'm sure i would have done the whole trip on a tank.

I made 408.9 miles on a tankful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I wasn't lightfooting it either, my average speed for the journey was 69mph, however i did keep it below 80 as much as possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Anyone gonna 'billy two S**ts' that figure??? i did the last 5 miles on 0 miles left on the DIS. No doubt someone has risked a little more at some point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you're are so worried about fuel economy, you should have bought a diesel!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not, but i thought i 'd have a go anyway cos i was on a long haul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not, but i thought i 'd have a go anyway cos i was on a long haul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i used to have one but it was not fast enough

the best i can get is 320 at the moment! in my old tdi i could get 600! oh what a shock it is to be driving petrols again

Hi Ian >>>> You know me from mk4's its pj52gly or it used to be. I dont know what I will get out of a full tank in my S3 cause it's my first full tank, but I once got 700 out of my Tdi but that was GTI international and back doin 60 ( it killed me >>> OUCH !!!!!! ) 320 out of a petrol that out performes a diesel HMMMMM think you could get 400 at a push. ( and thats standard ) just think what you would get from a re-map????? Same MPG and 280>>ish BHP.

I haven't managed better than 313 yet, and that was driving like a granny!!

I'm regularly getting close to 400 - and that's in normal driving, not on a long run.

Driving up to parents at Xmas I'd done 250 miles with the computer still showing 250 with what was left in the tank. Then I caned it for the last 30 miles or so and it dropped like a stone! Still ended up with just under 400.

Perhaps I don't drive mine fast enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ive got 320 out of mine but as people keep referring to getting a diesel yeah they are better on fuel but dont give you as big a grin as a petrol turbo, just keeep putting it in and have fun

i normally get 340-350, but that trip above was an exception. i was only 10 miles short of doing the whole trip on a tank /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

300 on average for me short commute trips...but driving like a granny this week and i'm looking at a possible 370. When i say driving a granny i mean i barely even touch the accelerator pedal and change up a early a possible. But i'm getting bored of driving like that so i might be back to a 250 tank next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

do u guys measure your actual mpg.
the display will read 27-28mpg and im actually getting 26mpg if you work it out.

I reset the trip counter after every refill and have never got over 270 miles on a full optimax tank. I don't do any motorway miles though - sit in traffic most of my life! Doh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

My warning light just came on on the way into work this morning, with 250 miles from my full tank of optimax. I can't drive it with the light on and the "bing" makes me jump out of my skin every time it comes on!

I have never got over 320 mile on a full tank. On long journeys it wil happily do 200 miles for half a tank. Then I will only get another 150 if I am lucky (behaved).

[ QUOTE ]
the "bing" makes me jump out of my skin every time it comes on!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Me too! fecking thing! very useful though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've just got 360 from my last tank, with the needle on red and 10 miles showing on the dash. Don't like getting that low normally though - was doing a bit of an experiment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Fully fueled with Optimax again now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lets start a competition-how many miles can yo do once your DIS shows zero /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

I've been told by a dealer that there's around 20 miles left driving 'cautiously' when it hits zero.
Best I've managed was 332 miles to the tank.

.....whats the best anyone's got out of a 1.9 Tdi?!

....i'm sure i'm not gettin as much out of a diesel as i'm supposed to.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've got a A3 1.9tdi (130)...i'm not sure if i even get 550 out of it, i don't believe i'm driving it that hard.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

hmmmm.....i'll have to put a full tank in it over the wkend and see what i can get.....if i can't get at least 500 i swear someone's got to be syphining it out of my tank! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

or a fuel leak.........

i was only getting 36mpg out of my V6 tdi avant A4 B6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. the new owner(also an AS.net user) told me it had been back in for a fuel pipe leak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

......i hope its not a fuel leak, not noticed anything under the car.

i'll have to start driving like an old granny to get more out of a tank /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
.....whats the best anyone's got out of a 1.9 Tdi?!

....i'm sure i'm not gettin as much out of a diesel as i'm supposed to.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i have got over 600 miles out of my old golf gt tdi 130! i wasnt driving slow. 80-85mph, but there is a special thing you can do to put more fuel in the tank. only advisiable if your doing a long journy as it fills up the expansion bit!

forgot to mention i can get the traction control light flashing all the time haha i wish i could afford an rs6.. haha but i'm happy with my s3