quattro subframes and sus upgrades

redgti

Reaction score
Are they all the same?

I have a TDi quattro 2002/3 and one of the rear mount bolts has snapped in it, i think i want to just buy another subframe and build it up with new arms/bushes and put it all on at the same time but can I use a petrol one?

When I took the gearbox out last time there was a large heavy pieve of metal attached to the subframe under the transfer box. It was not attached to anything else and I could no work out what it was for and forgot to put it back in should that be back in there can anyone explain what it is for?

Does anyone have any suspension recommendations while I am at it? the can is completely standard at the moment and I am not looking to go wild with it. I have just sold my RX7 to be a little more 'sensible'

Cheers guys

If you need a subframe I think welly has one.

Subframe: petrol/diesel/seat leon/skoda octavia/vw golf. All the same. Easy.

Mine is off a Leon.

brilliant thanks for all the info there, I have found one now and hopefully will be picking it up later today.

Then the fun of fitting it next week!!!

Does anyone know what the large piece of metal is for, it is like a big heavy piece of cast, fastened on with 2 bolts seems to be no point in it being there in the first place. Unless it was suppose to be some kind of damper?

Last edited: