Seat covers for the Recaro's

adcooper

Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line
Reaction score
Can anyone help me at all i am looking for some seat covers quick time as the job i have to do for the next few months is dirty and i have the cream Alcantara seats.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I really would like some seat covers rather than putting a rug over!

Can anyone help?

Adam

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

nope because of the air bags.

at most if i am dirty, i just throw a loose sheet over the seat and sit on that.

least the airbags can go off unrestricted

jus go halfords and buy the "bad boy" seat covers, and alter them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif lol

What about buying a set of seat covers then when fitted get a knife and cut a slit down the side where the are bag is. The if anything does go wrong and the airbag goes off it should still beable to deploy without being restricted. Plus you wont even know the slit was there. Only down side about buying seat covers is you need to buy them for all the seats not just the drivers seat. You could even use one of the cover the mechanics use. You know the ones that look like cling film! Would that still restrict an airbag though? Hmm good luck!

I've got one of those covers that mechanics use. ITs a snap on one which fits over the seat but leaves the side airbags exposed. Maybe worth looking at?

Alot of seat covers nowadays can be ordered specifically to take into account the seat airbags- 'Classic' are one company that definitely do (i think there stiched differently at the air bag)....you could order a set of black front seats with air bag sides....

Thanks for the advice i have just used my moms best sheet at the moment!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

i use snap-on seat covers, there only about £15, look smart and leave the airbags clear

Unless any seat covers you get are made of steel, then the airbags will just rip right through them!!

How do you think the airbags get through the seats in the first place???
Go to a scrap yard and take a look at a car that has had the airbags go off and you'll see that the stitching rips on the seats to let the airbags through. The same will happen to seat covers.

The force that airbags have is massive. There's almost no seat cover on the market that would stop one going off.

Yeah good point but I thought they made some sort of special stiching around that area for airbags?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif