Chris NottAH Fabrications
    AjM
    Living in Blissful Ignorance

Status

Ideal Wheel Size for S3, is it 17x7.5J et35?

As above really, looking for some new lightweight wheels and would like to get the best for the car. I would always err to them being the standard size unless anyone has any other thoughts? I like 17"s by the way.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I would say 18x8 is the ideal size for me.
    2000 8L S3: Ebony Black Pearl; Black Leather; Raceland Coilovers; 18x8" Avus Wheels; Autobahn88 TIP, Forge SplitR DV; Calibre Boost Gauge; Pioneer MVH-8200 Headunit; BOSE speakers; 10" Fusion powered subwoofer;

AjM

Status
    Thanks, i do not want to go bigger than 17" for many reasons and I also meant in terms of ideal for the car rather than looks etc. The wheels I am looking at look great in 17" as do the current standard (refirb'd) wheels I have on.

Reverse Gear

Status
    originals are 7,5 x 17 ET32.. and there is 20mm free space on rear axis and 10mm in front...

so 8x 17 et30 front and 9 x17 et 30 in back

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AjM View Post
    As above really, looking for some new lightweight wheels and would like to get the best for the car. I would always err to them being the standard size unless anyone has any other thoughts? I like 17"s by the way.
    The only 17" rims I like on 8L S3's are the OEM Avus 6 spoke rims, anything else looks rubbish and small in my opinion.

As for the ideal wheel, from my experience, light weight 18x8s wrapped in 225/40's and spaced out to fill the arches is the best handling combination along with a few choice suspension mods. 19s look the best, but they kill fuel economy and blunt some of the handling, but it's all about the bling!

Choice is your of course.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

S3 Drift King!

Status
    The only 17" rims I like on 8L S3's are the OEM Avus 6 spoke rims, anything else looks rubbish and small in my opinion.

As for the ideal wheel, from my experience, light weight 18x8s wrapped in 225/40's and spaced out to fill the arches is the best handling combination along with a few choice suspension mods. 19s look the best, but they kill fuel economy and blunt some of the handling, but it's all about the bling!

Choice is your of course.

AjM

Status
    Thing is I like the comfort offered with the 17", plus the cheaper tyres!! Also with 18" as you have said I would need to go 8 wide and I like being 7.5 wide with 225 tyres as it gives me more room for kerb errors!
    I think I may stick with mine, they have just been refirb'd and look pretty ace! Unless anyone knows of a lightweight 18x7.5?
    See, I can't decide what to do.....

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Thing is I like the comfort offered with the 17", plus the cheaper tyres!! Also with 18" as you have said I would need to go 8 wide and I like being 7.5 wide with 225 tyres as it gives me more room for kerb errors!
    I think I may stick with mine, they have just been refirb'd and look pretty ace! Unless anyone knows of a lightweight 18x7.5?
    Golf Anniversary BBS RC's are 18x7.5, but they don't fill the arches quite as much. They would be lightweight and ideal for you.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Golf Anniversary BBS RC's are 18x7.5, but they don't fill the arches quite as much. They would be lightweight and ideal for you.

AjM

Status
    I am going down the 18x7.5 route in the shape of Inovit Tuning Tarmac Wheels, as they ar ET38 rateher 32 what size spacers will I need? Also does anyone know what a standard Avus 17" weighs? I want to check these new ones are lighter.
    Thanks