AMD Diverter Valve..

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Who has got one of these and do you notice any difference?

I am thinking of getting the piston valve fitted and was just wondering peoples opinions.

Are there any other options?

Ive got the viper DV fitted. No real noticeable gains (still std 225), although acceleration through gear changes feel smoother and I am sure it sounds better.

as above.

fitted a 3mm spacer in mine to firm up the spring a little and hold boost longer/ snap shut sooner and it seems to work well.

tried thicker and didnt like it.

Rob,

It wont give you any performance gains, it will just be more reliable than the Bosch diaghram ones. And serviceable too!

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for that. Can if fit the 'N' revision bosch valve to my 1.8T or does it only fit an S3?

Thanks again

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you can fit it no problem! All VAG petrol turbos use the same size valves!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as above.

fitted a 3mm spacer in mine to firm up the spring a little and hold boost longer/ snap shut sooner and it seems to work well.

tried thicker and didnt like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
My AmD Viper has been in my car for over a year and I haven't touched it.

Should I be servicing it?

Also, where can you get these spacer from? I take it AmD do a service kit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I service mine quite regularly just because i can.

I started off with service kits from AmD then sourced my own O-rings (x3) and experimented with a couple of high temp greases.

as for spacer, i started off with a couple of washers, that i bolted together and filed down whilst in a drill to get the right size, , then just placed them under the spring, but in the end, i got a selection of ally spacer rings machined at work to do the job.

circa 3mm works a treat.

http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/dvshimming/dvshimming.htm

I've ordered the service kit which will include an uprated spring. Will using a spacer/shim still be necessary?

its purely a personal thing.

if there is an uprated spring,
(i didnt know of this, its never been in the kit before) then you probably dont.

let us know how you get on with the new spring.

[ QUOTE ]
How much do these kits cost as i think mine will need to be done v soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
£12+vat delivered from AmD.

That kit comprises of an uprated spring and o-rings as well.

I think an uprated spring will only benefit if you are running high boost.

good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Signature is the standard spec, not the modded one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Signature is the standard spec, not the modded one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Care to share your modded spec?

I've received the service kit and uprated spring. What sort of grease is best to use when servicing?

AMD told me they didnt need servicing until something like 100k miles...do they specifically say they need servicing?

Dunc

for the time it takes, not to mention the peanuts cost , why not service it
Dunc.

your always after the best performance, get and service it.

its constantly moving every time you open and close the throttle and gets to quite a temperature too

i was told more like 10K miles, but its such a quick job, i just do it as and when i feel like it.

never found anything wrong with it, in either sticking, dry, or damaged o-rings, but its nice to know its all free and lubricated.

[ QUOTE ]
I've received the service kit and uprated spring. What sort of grease is best to use when servicing?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best would probably be a NLGI 2 high temp grease of some sort, but in all honesty a multi-purpose Lithium or Molybdenum sulphide grease would do the job.

Do you have to buy a service kit for the Forge valves?

Dunc