noob here for advice

jamie408

Reaction score
hi people. ive been offerd a a3 1.8t sport from a frend its 51 plate and done 90.000 mile. hes after 2k for it but it needs the rear axle bushes replacing and new track rod ends. also think needs new front tyres.

anyone think this is a good buy or shell i knock im down to 1800

offer him £1738 and if he says no offer him £1826 no more no less

mate its a 1.8T with 90K on the clock i paid 1750 for one with 130k on the clocks, its a fair price knock hime down enough to get the work done but even at £2000 its a fair price

hmmm thanks danny. also i noticed its got a dv on the drivers side where the pipe goes into the penulum. also still has the standard one fitted. will this cause any problems because i no i no they have to be recerc valves but can have then vented at the same time.

it has two DV's ????
the kit that moves the DV to the front is a good idea but overprice imo for what it does, if it has a DV swap it for a recirc which will be better for the ECU and getting on the power quicker. not sure if having 2 will cause probles but take one off just to be sure

think it has 2 yeh didnt click in till i got home. will have another look soon. on 1.8t does it need to be a recirc because the eml will come on??? my other mate had a recirc that also was vented

not sure about eml linked to the DV, you find that onced maped a recirc valve will make the tsss sound your after anyway just not as loud as an acutal DV,
when i get my recirc fitted im going to make a video so watch my build thread

i give £1400 for my 1.8t on a 98s an got 145000 on the clock, the car is in tip top but have been told that the rear bushes are a big pain in the *** to do........as for dv recirc is the best but mi mate has been running a vented one for about a year now an had no probs (hes got 1.8t 98 agu). if was you knock him down a little just to cover the cost, you cant lose. good luck

Fair price i think, but run VAG-COM to get error codes b4 buying and, anyway be prepared to dig deep to run one.

DC

Fair price i think, but run VAG-COM to get error codes b4 buying and, anyway be prepared to dig deep to run one.

DC

this is nonesence, i have had my A3 for over a year and the only thing i have had to pay for was a spark plug amplifier, these are well built german cars and wont let you down if you look after them,

this is nonesence, i have had my A3 for over a year and the only thing i have had to pay for was a spark plug amplifier, these are well built german cars and wont let you down if you look after them,

thats what i thought my dads had a vw for years and was one of the first in the uk to snap a crank on a t5 transporter. it did do 300.000 miles tho. german cars are good

Well, I would agree with the sentiment look after it and it will look after you, but that doesn't always ring true. I think it's probably 80% luck and 20% of that.
And when you say 'look after' your car in the year you have owned it -how exactly have you managed that ?. Service the car and here's the biggie........don't drive it like a lunatic.

But I'm sure there is someone , albeit a rare example, out there who will say they thrash their car and they are perfectly happy.

agree and u never no wot the previous owner has done. think i will b bangin his door down if it goes tits up after a week

axel bushes will cost from £110-150

Tax 115ish for 6months
mot 40 quid plus repairs if any..

id knock him down

axel bushes will cost from £110-150

Tax 115ish for 6months
mot 40 quid plus repairs if any..

id knock him down

i will be mate but goin be doin the jobs myself needs the new bushes and track rod ends that have seized

then thers tax n mot.