s3 avus center caps

xCoupexAshx

All Torque
Reaction score
a while ago some <enter creative name> locals stole my centre caps of my alloys. i have the s3 avus 17" alloys. enquiry to audi came back as being 20 quid each to replace! which frankly is a joke.

does anyone know of any other centre caps that will fit these alloys? or where else i can get some unofficial ones? been looking on ebay for months and the tons of other caps for original audi alloys, yet not the avus set. seems strange there loads about except the ones i need =/

ta

these are the wheels in question
6058d1261690491-4-17-avus-wheels-off-2002-audiwheels2.jpg

Do what ive done, remove the centre cap totaly and make some small custom audi caps to just cover the centre ring, it leaves the wheel nuts exposed but my avus's luck totaly sick, does help there refurbed in a nice gun metal grey.

Stop being such a < enter creative name> and buy the ones from Audi, the cheap ebay ones are ****. You need to trim them down and the center spring doesn't hold them in place properly, and the paint fades and the darker outer strip chips off. Just man up and buy a set.

Why dont you buy another set of Avus's, get the centre caps off them and sell the wheels on without the caps...im sure someone else will have them off you without the centre caps and you may even get them at the same price!!

Like i said, i took mine off by choice, think they look so much better.

yeh i dun mind the look without the caps tbh, was hoping there was a cheap alternative, nvm. so might just try n fill the middle need spraying too. be interested to see you colour as i was thinking anthracite or a dark grey, dani you know what size caps you got?

n y should i waste 80 quid of my own money through no fault of my own? for something that may happen again? nothing about 'manning up' as you say. go for a jog or something mate cos you sound a lil up tight. blss

Here's the pics as promised gent, pics dont do them justice and its ****** it down all day so there mucky again:
IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

yeh i dun mind the look without the caps tbh, was hoping there was a cheap alternative, nvm. so might just try n fill the middle need spraying too. be interested to see you colour as i was thinking anthracite or a dark grey, dani you know what size caps you got?

n y should i waste 80 quid of my own money through no fault of my own? for something that may happen again? nothing about 'manning up' as you say. go for a jog or something mate cos you sound a lil up tight. blss

Haha, I love people like you.

Now now ladys, put the handbags down :).

Here's the pics as promised gent, pics dont do them justice and its ****** it down all day so there mucky again:
IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

These look ace, im not worried about putting mine on an then getting stolen because thay look the muts nuts, top work!!!

Cheers mate. Hardest parts finding a centre cap that fits.

Just to let you know i couldnt get any centre caps that fitted, i had to buy vw ones then get a set of audi ones and merge them together lol.

Yup. Was a bit more involved than that though lol. I do mate, just bought a another set to have as back ups. Ill post sizes tomorrow.

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

Very interesting Dani_B19. I have a question: wich is the size of your new small audi caps: 60mm or 68mm ... wich is the Part No #: 8DO601170 or 4BO601170?

Thanks in advance!