Rear Axle bushes

Andy@S3

Reaction score
looking for advice regarding expected cost for rear axle bushes to be supplied and fitted in glasgow area.

I had a quote from Awsome Gti some time back to replace with poly bushes..£180 but not sure if that was vat inc. I need to get mine done so will be getting in touch with them again soon, unless i can get a cheaper quote from someone.

DC

Its a bit of a pain in t'*** to do them. I had to remove the rear beam to do them on my mk4 golf... Never again... You *need* the proper tool to get the new ones in, and then you have to bleed the rears...

I'd pay someone to do them if I had to do them again ...

Is that tool required for the powerflex ones aswell? Ive got a set sat here waiting togo on.

Audi tech gloucester did mine for 90 labour I just fitted new genuine vag bushes

is there a difference between trailing arm bushes and axle bushes. I had trailing arm bushes changed but i am still getting a clunking, knocking noise even on smooth roads and at all speeds. is there anything else it could be?

Not sure about trailing arm bushes but, the S3 has a rear ARB so maybe those bushes are worn!

DC

is there a difference between trailing arm bushes and axle bushes. I had trailing arm bushes changed but i am still getting a clunking, knocking noise even on smooth roads and at all speeds. is there anything else it could be?

The S3 doesnt have axle bushes just trailing arm bushes mate, as youve had the trailing arm bushes changed already its probably the rear ARB thats knocking, its a common failure on these cars unfortunately its not normally just the bushes but the collar on the ARB that fails, meaning you need to replace the ARB and bushes. Good opportunity to upgrade to an R32 ARB, the rear ARB is an easy DIY job too.